Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:55
Member (2008)
Italian to English
EVEry. Jul 21, 2017

TariqSh wrote:

.... If in any given day I had to finish over 3000 or 5000 words, then I may be able to do that, but not everyday

..or indeed, every day.

MARLENE LE DUC (X)
MARLENE LE DUC (X)  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 19:55
English to French
Of, course not ! Jul 21, 2017

They are squizzing the lemon! ... (as we say in France)

You'll have to do something about it, you're risking a burn-out or even worse.
At some moment of my life, I was working really hard, no holydays, 12 hours per days, etc . Then I started to have a painful shoulder, as the days were passing the pain get down the arm, in fact it wasn't that painful; it was more like if my arm was becoming an heavy piece of marshmallow. Two days later, it was my leg !
Hospital, emergen
... See more
They are squizzing the lemon! ... (as we say in France)

You'll have to do something about it, you're risking a burn-out or even worse.
At some moment of my life, I was working really hard, no holydays, 12 hours per days, etc . Then I started to have a painful shoulder, as the days were passing the pain get down the arm, in fact it wasn't that painful; it was more like if my arm was becoming an heavy piece of marshmallow. Two days later, it was my leg !
Hospital, emergency, brain surgery, aneurism, wheel-chair, no insurance for disabilities, no incomes, back to translations a week after !

Please take a break, You can't do that any longer.
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How many pages to translate a day?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »