Thread poster: Reed James
Reed James
Reed James
Chile
Local time: 22:59
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
Aug 23, 2016

I have been assigned to convert currency (pesos to dollars or dollars to pesos) on several occasions. These are mostly financial statements in PDF format. I either have to multiply or divide the figures on those statements. I usually input the original figure in Windows calculator and then multiply or divide, and then paste the converted figure into the target document, and so on. It seems as if this could be sped up by using the clipboard extender, some kind of macro, and voice recognition. My ... See more
I have been assigned to convert currency (pesos to dollars or dollars to pesos) on several occasions. These are mostly financial statements in PDF format. I either have to multiply or divide the figures on those statements. I usually input the original figure in Windows calculator and then multiply or divide, and then paste the converted figure into the target document, and so on. It seems as if this could be sped up by using the clipboard extender, some kind of macro, and voice recognition. My qualms about setting things up this way is that I could get tangled up with so many commands.

Has anyone been in the situation before?
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Best workflow for converting currency

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »