Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6] >
Announcement - part 2 - option to show client "willing to work again" entries in your profile (beta)
Thread poster: Henry Dotterer
justin C
justin C
United States
Local time: 15:37
English
Your client is most likely does not have an account with ProZ.com (or is not logged in) Oct 16, 2006

Hi Teresita,

Some users have reported receiving that error, which translates to 'you are trying to make an entry, and are not logged in'. I will make this message more clear so other users don't run into the same problem.

If your client does not have an account with ProZ.com, they can register for one here -- http://www.proz.com/?sp=r

After that, they should visit your pr
... See more
Hi Teresita,

Some users have reported receiving that error, which translates to 'you are trying to make an entry, and are not logged in'. I will make this message more clear so other users don't run into the same problem.

If your client does not have an account with ProZ.com, they can register for one here -- http://www.proz.com/?sp=r

After that, they should visit your profile page to make the WWA entry that you requested.

Best regards,
Justin
Collapse

Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 16:37
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Is it possible to remove a WWA? Oct 16, 2006

I was asked to make an entry for a regular collaborator and I wrote that he was "meticulous and perfectionist", impression that I've got with the many projects I have outsourced to him. He feels insulted by my words. I suppose that we don't give the same meaning to these words as I think they can be an asset.
Can I remove this entry? (I know that we can't edit the feedback).

Thank you

Claudia

[Edited at 2006-10-16 17:33]

justin C
justin C
United States
English
Sure Claudia, just shoot me an email Oct 16, 2006

Hi Claudia,

If you would like an entry edited or hidden, please feel free to email me ( justin at proz dot com ) and I will be able to help.

Alternatively, you can submit a support ticket.

Best regards,
Justin

Claudia Iglesias
Chile
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Thanks Justin Oct 16, 2006

I was going to send a Support Ticket but I thought that it was interesting to ask whether it's possible to remove the entries completely. When you answer to the questions in the form it's written that it's not possible to edit the feedback.

I'm contacting you for the details.

Claudia

Walter Landesman
Walter Landesman  Identity Verified
Uruguay
English to Spanish
+ ...
to Claudia Oct 16, 2006

Claudia Iglesias wrote:

I was asked to make an entry for a regular collaborator and I wrote that he was "meticulous and perfectionist", impression that I've got with the many projects I have outsourced to him. He feels insulted by my words. I suppose that we don't give the same meaning to these words as I think they can be an asset.

Hi Claudia,

I think you are right. I believe that being "meticulous and perfectionist" is a compliment for a translator.

The colleague must have misunderstood your words.

Walter

Semantix AB (X)
Semantix AB (X)
Sweden
Local time: 20:37
English to Swedish
+ ...
Does the client HAVE to register?! Oct 17, 2006

justin wrote:

Hi Teresita,

After that, they should visit your profile page to make the WWA entry that you requested.

Best regards,
Justin

Hi Justin and all,

I want my client to fill in the WWA, but I don't want to inconvenience him by forcing him to go through the entire registry process, just to fill in one tiny grading.

Is there any way through this? I know that your business motive is to drive more clients to Proz, but this is not the way to do it...

/Jan

Ana Maria Bustos K.
Ana Maria Bustos K.  Identity Verified
Chile
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Not fair Oct 17, 2006

Semantix AB wrote:

justin wrote:

Hi Teresita,

Best regards,
Justin

Hi Justin and all,

I want my client to fill in the WWA, but I don't want to inconvenience him by forcing him to go through the entire registry process, just to fill in one tiny grading.

Is there any way through this? I know that your business motive is to drive more clients to Proz, but this is not the way to do it...

/Jan

I completely agree with Jan, I do not think it is fair to force people to register themselves in Proz just to write down a small opinion about someone who worked for them once, twice or maybe three times; or perhaps the translator worked for me a whole year. I would really feel like this was a tricky way to complete a database for Proz, instead of expressing my opinion on the work the translator did for me and maybe I do not have any interest in being registered...

I think they are entitled to decide whether or not to subscribe to a page that probably means nothing to them, and feel free to grade someone without having to go through the whole process.

Ana María Bustos

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
SITE FOUNDER
TOPIC STARTER
Require registration or not? Oct 20, 2006

Ana Maria Bustos K. wrote:
Semantix AB wrote:

I completely agree with Jan, I do not think it is fair to force people to register themselves in Proz just to write down a small opinion about someone...

The point is not to rope people in. We initially planned not to require registration but the feedback we got, based on perceived possibility of abuse, is that members felt more comfortable with registration required.

Technically, it doesn't make much difference. Obviously there is a bit of hassle for outsourcers if they need to register. So we are ready to revert to not requiring registration if that is preferable to all parties.

Claudia Iglesias
Chile
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
No registration but more details Oct 20, 2006

henry wrote:
Technically, it doesn't make much difference. Obviously there is a bit of hassle for outsourcers if they need to register. So we are ready to revert to not requiring registration if that is preferable to all parties.

The guarantee that registered users offer is less possibility of abuse. For not registered users more info than an email address should be required (name, name of company, address, telephones...) The info that is usually necessary to enter a Blue Board entry, but kept only for the WWA.

Just an idea

Claudia

Ana Maria Bustos K.
Ana Maria Bustos K.  Identity Verified
Chile
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Registration Dec 5, 2006

henry wrote:

Ana Maria Bustos K. wrote:
Semantix AB wrote:

I completely agree with Jan, I do not think it is fair to force people to register themselves in Proz just to write down a small opinion about someone...

The point is not to rope people in. We initially planned not to require registration but the feedback we got, based on perceived possibility of abuse, is that members felt more comfortable with registration required.

Thank you Henry for your answer, sorry to write back just now, but I am really not used to visit the forums on a constant basis.

If you say that technically it does not make much difference, maybe you should approach outsourcers in a different way, making this whole process a little bit easier for them. I think Claudia's idea is pretty good, just requesting from them basic provable information. Maybe you should create for them a special and faster registering form, because what people lack in these days is time... and it is true that not being registered could bring on some kind of abuse not only from outsourcers, but from members as well... tough decision for you!

tradugag
tradugag  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
Please help with WWA! Dec 14, 2006

Dear Henry,

Hello! Please I need your help.
I received this message after I renewed my membership:

Dear Gabriela González,

Thank you for your purchase. To be eligible to win one of
three great prizes, please verify your profile is completed:

http://www.proz.com/quick_profile

If you complete all the "required" and "encouraged"
... See more
Dear Henry,

I received this message after I renewed my membership:

Dear Gabriela González,

Thank you for your purchase. To be eligible to win one of
three great prizes, please verify your profile is completed:

http://www.proz.com/quick_profile

If you complete all the "required" and "encouraged" fields
by December 15th, you will have a chance to win:

Prize 1: Free trip to next ProZ.com Conference in Budapest*
Prize 2: A Dell laptop computer
Prize 3: SDL Trados Software

*Free trip includes airfare, hotel accomodations and
registration for the conference for 1 person.

Colin Brady
ProZ.com Staff

My only WWA entry is not shown on my profile.
I can't understand why.
Ricardo Falconi is the translator who made the comments about my work.
If I don't have it shown in a few hours I will not be eligible to have a chance to win the prizes and I really don't know how to make it work!

Please help me.

Thank you very much in advance! I'm sorry...

Best regards,

Gabriela González
User: tradugag
Platinum
ID no. 27121.
Collapse

Enrique Cavalitto
Enrique Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
Outsourcer is not in the Blue Board Dec 14, 2006

Hi Gabriela, the answer may be found at the FAQ http://www.proz.com/faq/profile#quickprofile_wwa that I am copying below:

51. The WWA item is marked incomplete in my quick profile updater even though I have received an entry. Why?

The quick profile updater will show the WWA item (which is an 'encouraged' item rather than a 'required' one) as complete only if an entry has been received from an outsourcer that has itself received at least one Blue Board entry from another site user. This requirement is intended to discourage misuse of the WWA system.

Regards,
Enrique

PS: Post updated to include the current version of the FAQ

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
SITE FOUNDER
TOPIC STARTER
We will allow some time for new members to complete profiles Dec 14, 2006

Gabriela González wrote:

Dear Henry,

My only WWA entry is not shown on my profile.
I can't understand why.
If I don't have it shown in a few hours I will not be eligible to have a chance to win the prizes...

Thanks and welcome, Gabriela!

The campaign will close at midnight tomorrow, but we will give those who upgraded a few days to update profiles. Have you worked for any Blue Board outsourcers (ie. outsourcer who have received entries from at least one other ProZ.com professional)? If so, you might try submitting some requests for entries today--if they don't get to them tomorrow, maybe on Monday or Tuesday.

T-K Noranta
T-K Noranta
Finland
Local time: 21:37
Member (2006)
English to Finnish
+ ...
Do outsourcer LWAs count? Mar 4, 2007

Enrique wrote:

Hi Gabriela, the answer may be found at the FAQ http://www.proz.com/faq/profile#quickprofile_wwa that I am copying below:

51. I have entries in my WWA but I still have my profile incomplete

One of the requisites to have your profile complete is to have an WWA entry from an outsourcer in the Blue Board. But, it is also necessary that that outsourcer already has another entrance from another freelancer or outsourcer other than you. If In your particular case the outsourcer that has made you entry does not have an entry from another person, the Quick Profile Updater will still show that 'warning triangle' meaning WWA is not complete.

Regards,
Enrique

Hello Enrique,

Re the above: The outsourcer that was kind enough to submit a WWA to my profile has several LWA entries on the Blue Board, so does this count as "another entry from another freelancer or outsourcer" or does "entry" only refer to WWAs?

My profile still comes up as incomplete

Enrique Cavalitto
Enrique Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
Florencia will contact you Mar 5, 2007

Tanja-Kristiina Saarinen wrote:
Hello Enrique,

Re the above: The outsourcer that was kind enough to submit a WWA to my profile has several LWA entries on the Blue Board, so does this count as "another entry from another freelancer or outsourcer" or does "entry" only refer to WWAs?

My profile still comes up as incomplete

Hi Tanja, welcome to our forums!

Florencia Vita, from our Community office, will get in touch with you to address this issue.

Thanks for supporting the site!

Regards,
Enrique

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Announcement - part 2 - option to show client "willing to work again" entries in your profile (beta)

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »