Trouble cleaning XML files in Trados 2011.
Thread poster: NikkoTh
NikkoTh
NikkoTh
English to French
Jun 25, 2017

Good afternoon,

I'm currently encountering troubles when trying to clean an XML file to which an .sdlftsettings file was applied.

My client requested a .sdlftsettings file (settings file) to be applied so all tags can be properly displayed.

Here's how I proceed following my client's instructions:

At creation of a project in the window for choosing the files for translation I add the .sdlftsettings file after clicking the button "File Types..."
... See more
Good afternoon,

I'm currently encountering troubles when trying to clean an XML file to which an .sdlftsettings file was applied.

My client requested a .sdlftsettings file (settings file) to be applied so all tags can be properly displayed.

Here's how I proceed following my client's instructions:

At creation of a project in the window for choosing the files for translation I add the .sdlftsettings file after clicking the button "File Types..."
After that the window "Project File Type Settings" opens, and I click - "Import Settings" – and select the provided .sdlftsettings file and then press "Add".
I then add the file to translate and finish the creation of the project – in the file for translation, tags are now properly placed.

The problem occurs when I click the Save Target As button to clean the .sdlxliff back to the original XML format. At this step, the following error message displays:

Failed to save Target content: Cannot find file type definition with id 500908 document.

I can't clean the translated .sdlxliff file back to XML and I'd like to know if anyone could help me with this problem.

Thanks in advance!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trouble cleaning XML files in Trados 2011.

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »