Marco Fiemozzi
Marco Fiemozzi  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 22:48
English to Italian
+ ...
Aug 10, 2017

Hi everybody,

I can't access the TM view ever since I updated to the new SP for Studio 2017 (or perhaps since I removed my old version of 2014, which happened more or less in the same days). Today I had the same error while trying to access the TM View, but this time Trados crashed and won't start again.

Here are the details:

- What happened until today: When trying to access the TM view, a message popped up repeatedly (unfortunately I don't remember the co
... See more
Hi everybody,

I can't access the TM view ever since I updated to the new SP for Studio 2017 (or perhaps since I removed my old version of 2014, which happened more or less in the same days). Today I had the same error while trying to access the TM View, but this time Trados crashed and won't start again.

Here are the details:

- What happened until today: When trying to access the TM view, a message popped up repeatedly (unfortunately I don't remember the content) until I closed Trados and restarted the system.
- Since today: After closing Studio, it won't start again. Instead, I see the following message: "The translation memory data file is corrupted". When i click OK, nothing happens.

I tried restarting the system and reinstalling 2017, but nothing worked. I was going to remove the application completely and reinstall, but I'm afraid I might have licensing problems.

Could anyone please help?

Many thanks in advance!
Marco
Collapse

Timothy Monk
Timothy Monk  Identity Verified
France
French to English
Trados 2017 won't start anymore Jan 12, 2018

Hello Marco,

I'm experiencing the same problem.

Did you manage to find a cure?

Kind regards,
Tim

Marco Fiemozzi
Marco Fiemozzi  Identity Verified
France
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
late answer Jan 18, 2018

Hi Tim

I'm really sorry for my late answer. I have just seen the notification in my spam mailbox. In the end someone from SDL contacted me (some days later...). I just had to delete some temporary file, but unfortunately I wouldn't be able to tell you more. I hope you managed to solve the problem by now anyway.

Best,
Marco

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2017 won't start anymore

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »