Paula Borges  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:43
Member (2010)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Apr 12, 2017

Hello everyone,

I was using Wordfast 3 this morning as usual, working to deliver some files on a very tight deadline. To my surprise, I restarted the computer and it simply wouldn't open anymore.

I get the message like the one attached "an error has occured, see the log file".

So I contact the support, telling me to restart the computer, which I did at least ten times.
Did not work.

Then, they asked me to send the log file, which simply d
... See more
Hello everyone,

I was using Wordfast 3 this morning as usual, working to deliver some files on a very tight deadline. To my surprise, I restarted the computer and it simply wouldn't open anymore.

I get the message like the one attached "an error has occured, see the log file".

So I contact the support, telling me to restart the computer, which I did at least ten times.
Did not work.

Then, they asked me to send the log file, which simply does not exist in my system, not under that name at least.

Then, I'm told to:
A. Right-click the Wordfast shortcut, select "Run as administrator".

If this helps you open Wordfast, you need to make it the default option as follows:
1. Right-click the Wordfast shortcut, and select Properties. 2. Go to the Compatibility tab. 3. Under Privilege Level, check the option Run this program as an administrator.

This, again, does not work.
I get the same message.

As a last resort, I uninstall Wordfast and install it all over again. To my surprise, that does not work either.

I don't know what else to do
Collapse

CafeTran Training (X)
CafeTran Training (X)
Netherlands
Local time: 12:43
Reset app? Apr 13, 2017

Is there no way to reset the app and delete all settings? What platform are you using?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Pro 3 simply won't open

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »