Problems sending emails to UK
Thread poster: pcovs
pcovs
pcovs
Denmark
Local time: 00:01
English to Danish
Jan 15, 2010

Has anyone else experienced problems sending emails to UK over the past 2-3 days?

I have had recurring problems sending mails from to quite separate email accounts, but only when sending to UK.
None of my other clients seem to be having problems receiving my mails.

It is getting a bit frustrating for both me and my UK clients, so if anyone has just the foggiest what the
*biip* is going on, I would really appreciate it.

Monika Elisabeth Sieger
Monika Elisabeth Sieger  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:01
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
I had the same trouble sending mails from the UK Jan 15, 2010

We had some trouble yesterday sending mail from the UK to the Continent and Israel.
It started around midday!
We used AOl and Yahoo!

pcovs
pcovs
Denmark
English to Danish
TOPIC STARTER
Weird. Jan 15, 2010

One email account is from a Danish telecompany, and the other is from my proz hosting site.

My clients all have their own domains, but hotmail was also attempted used to no avail.

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL
Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2004)
English to Italian
strange... Jan 15, 2010

everything seems to be fine here... we did have a lot of snow (worst cold weather since 1981) for the last few days, though... my e-mail service (and also hotmail) hasn't been affected at all...

[Edited at 2010-01-15 17:02 GMT]

Paul Malone
Paul Malone  Identity Verified
France
Member (2004)
French to English
+ ...
Yes! Jan 15, 2010

I thought it was just me, or possibly a problem related to my ISP, but my main UK client has been receving e-mails from me about 12 hours late over the last few days.

Clients in other countries seem to have been receiving the e-mails normally, but e-mails sent to the UK, at least for this particular client, don't seem to have been arriving as they should.

Fortunately, the client in question is understanding and has a sense of humour, so we agreed that the delay must ha
... See more
I thought it was just me, or possibly a problem related to my ISP, but my main UK client has been receving e-mails from me about 12 hours late over the last few days.

Clients in other countries seem to have been receiving the e-mails normally, but e-mails sent to the UK, at least for this particular client, don't seem to have been arriving as they should.

Fortunately, the client in question is understanding and has a sense of humour, so we agreed that the delay must have been caused by the horrendous weather conditions.

Let's hope it is only a temporary glitch and will be sorted out soon.

Thanks for raising this issue PCovs. I always find it reassuring with any technical issues like this to know that others are having the same problems and that I haven't imagined it.

Good luck and best wishes to all.

Paul
Collapse

Neil Coffey
Neil Coffey  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
French to English
+ ...
What providers/relays? Jan 15, 2010

Assumedly, people reporting the delays are talking about a delay genuinely specific to a UK e-mail provider? (And in the case of hotmail/Yahoo, specifically hotmail.co.uk or yahoo.co.uk?)

In principle, your e-mail software should allow you to see the "full headers" of the e-mail when it eventually arrives, which is supposed to include a time stamp of every point that the e-mail travels through on its journey, so that you can see where the delay actually occurs.

On a tot
... See more
Assumedly, people reporting the delays are talking about a delay genuinely specific to a UK e-mail provider? (And in the case of hotmail/Yahoo, specifically hotmail.co.uk or yahoo.co.uk?)

In principle, your e-mail software should allow you to see the "full headers" of the e-mail when it eventually arrives, which is supposed to include a time stamp of every point that the e-mail travels through on its journey, so that you can see where the delay actually occurs.

On a totally unrelated matter, when was it the UK government was going to start rolling out its e-mail spying system...?
Collapse

pcovs
pcovs
Denmark
English to Danish
TOPIC STARTER
Sorted - I think Jan 27, 2010

In my signature I had included a link to my profile page here at ProZ, and suddenly it occurred to me that this might be the culprit - away with the 'www' part and then there seems to be no problems what so ever.

Why would two independent UK email providers suddenly decide to exclude emails including such a link?

It is a bit annoying that I now nolonger can have a clickable link to my profile page in my signature, but all in all I guess I do prefer to keep in contact wi
... See more
In my signature I had included a link to my profile page here at ProZ, and suddenly it occurred to me that this might be the culprit - away with the 'www' part and then there seems to be no problems what so ever.

Why would two independent UK email providers suddenly decide to exclude emails including such a link?

It is a bit annoying that I now nolonger can have a clickable link to my profile page in my signature, but all in all I guess I do prefer to keep in contact with my UK clients, so... ;o)
Collapse

woody210
woody210
United Kingdom
emails. approx 20 invites sent out in last month, no replies! Both in and out box show 0! Jan 12, 2018

PCovs wrote:

Has anyone else experienced problems sending emails to UK over the past 2-3 days?

I have had recurring problems sending mails from to quite separate email accounts, but only when sending to UK.
None of my other clients seem to be having problems receiving my mails.

It is getting a bit frustrating for both me and my UK clients, so if anyone has just the foggiest what the
*biip* is going on, I would really appreciate it.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems sending emails to UK

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »