Help!!! working with RESX files
Thread poster: DannaRoz
DannaRoz
DannaRoz
Israel
Apr 3, 2016

Hi again,

I got a package of RESX files from a client and need to translate those.
The purpose is translating an entire website using those files, so that my translation
could be uploaded online automatically.
I did it via SmartCat and the client claims that I changed something in the code,
and was unable to open the files. SmartCat gave the options of saving the file in Doc or TMX types
and apparently, the format should remain RESX.
So I opened
... See more
Hi again,

I got a package of RESX files from a client and need to translate those.
The purpose is translating an entire website using those files, so that my translation
could be uploaded online automatically.
I did it via SmartCat and the client claims that I changed something in the code,
and was unable to open the files. SmartCat gave the options of saving the file in Doc or TMX types
and apparently, the format should remain RESX.
So I opened it via visual studio, and the file has a few columns in it: the "value" column-which is the English text and the "comments" column. Where should I put the translation-in the comments column or just replacing the English text with the traslation?
How can the file be saved as RESX again after the translation completed?

Thank you,
Danna

[Edited at 2016-04-03 11:56 GMT]

[Edited at 2016-04-03 12:01 GMT]

[Edited at 2016-04-03 21:32 GMT]
Collapse

Patricia Ferreira Larrieux
Patricia Ferreira Larrieux  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 06:12
English to Italian
+ ...
A very quick Google search... Apr 3, 2016

...yielded this interesting result (which you probably already know about, but just in case...)

RESX Editor - freeware

http://resx.sourceforge.net/

https://sourceforge.net/projects/resx/#screenshots

Hope this helps!

Patricia

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 08:12
English to Turkish
+ ...
download translation Apr 4, 2016

DannaRoz wrote:

I did it via SmartCat and the client claims that I changed something in the code, and was unable to open the files. SmartCat gave the options of saving the file in Doc or TMX types and apparently, the format should remain RESX.

You can download the Original file, Translation, TMX or Bilingual DOCX in SmartCat. Apparently, you should select the Translation.

https://smartcat.pro/Help/corp/en/downloading_the_translation_en.htm

[Edited at 2016-04-04 07:27 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help!!! working with RESX files

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »