Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
What is going on with auto prediction programs?
Thread poster: LilianNekipelov
Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 04:05
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Or even Aug 28, 2016

Samuel Murray wrote:
I suggest you find out how to disable this "auto-prediction" feature in whatever program you're using, and perhaps try to find out if there are other auto-prediction apps available for it.

Or even find alternative browsers etc. I'm sure there are ways around the problem even with a Mac setup.

Meta Arkadia
Meta Arkadia
Local time: 10:05
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Yep Aug 28, 2016

Samuel Murray wrote:
The way you describe it makes me think that you're actually using an auto-correction app.

And you'll have to disable it system-wide under OS X in  | System Preferences | Keyboard | Text | Correct spelling automagically.

OS X offers AutoComplete, but you'll have to trigger it yourself by hitting a key - Escape, I think but I never use it. iOS is different, you'll have to disable it in General | Settings somewhere.

Cheers,

Hans

LilianNekipelov
LilianNekipelov  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:05
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I cannot use another browser, for certain reasons, and why would I Aug 28, 2016

as this is a legitimate browser. I cannot find any disabling options in the new Safari, in the preferences section. Plus, why would such a nonsensical system exist at all, one which cannot predict the simplest things? Who is paying for it? Such a waste of time, money and human effort.

Roni_S
Roni_S  Identity Verified
Slovakia
Local time: 05:05
Slovak to English
Maybe this will help Aug 28, 2016

A google of this topic produced this:

https://www.tekrevue.com/tip/how-to-disable-autocorrect-in-os-x/

Good luck. Roni

Mirko Mainardi
Mirko Mainardi  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 05:05
English to Italian
Same Aug 28, 2016

englishpartner wrote:

A google of this topic produced this:

https://www.tekrevue.com/tip/how-to-disable-autocorrect-in-os-x/

Good luck. Roni

I was going to post this: http://coolestguidesontheplanet.com/turn-autocorrect-osx-mac-mail-skype-10-9-mavericks/

Hope it works!

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What is going on with auto prediction programs?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »