Thread poster: Reed James
Reed James
Reed James
Chile
Local time: 17:50
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
Feb 2, 2017

I've had these annoying popping noises from my HP Envy AIO for about 2 months. They are not constant, and they don't come from the speakers themselves. When I put the speakers on mute, I still hear them. Any audio coming out of the speakers is choppy, but if I record audio, the popping sounds aren't picked up. To solve this problem, I use an external speaker, but the noises persist! I've tried looking on several help websites, but haven't been able to solve the problem.

Does anyone
... See more
I've had these annoying popping noises from my HP Envy AIO for about 2 months. They are not constant, and they don't come from the speakers themselves. When I put the speakers on mute, I still hear them. Any audio coming out of the speakers is choppy, but if I record audio, the popping sounds aren't picked up. To solve this problem, I use an external speaker, but the noises persist! I've tried looking on several help websites, but haven't been able to solve the problem.

Does anyone know how I can fix this? I would very much appreciate a solution.
Collapse

Mair A-W (PhD)
Mair A-W (PhD)
Germany
Local time: 21:50
German to English
+ ...
SMS? Feb 2, 2017

Do they occur when you receive a text message? Speakers often buzz then. I don't think you can stop them, except by moving your phone a long way away.

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
Have you searched on the web? Feb 3, 2017

There are tons of information on the web - have you checked at least some of possibilities?

http://tinyurl.com/hs5cp7p
http://tinyurl.com/hrue5ag
etc

Reed James
Reed James
Chile
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Helps but does not stop popping Feb 4, 2017

mairaw wrote:

Do they occur when you receive a text message? Speakers often buzz then. I don't think you can stop them, except by moving your phone a long way away.

I tried that, and it worked to an extent. Right now, the speakers are quiet and my cell phone is inches from the computer...

Reed James
Reed James
Chile
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Yes but... Feb 4, 2017

Natalie wrote:

There are tons of information on the web - have you checked at least some of possibilities?

http://tinyurl.com/hs5cp7p
http://tinyurl.com/hrue5ag
etc

Natalie~ Yes. I've looked at these very same sites, but instead of helping, they confuse me. That's why I came here to see if someone has the very same computer and problems. What's weird is that right now, the speakers are behaving....

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
I don't think Feb 4, 2017

that anyone would be able to help without knowing the detailed information about your OS, installed programs etc etc etc - there are too many possibilities to check.

The only thing I could suggest w/o knowing all this is turning off the running programs one by one and checking if this has helped or no...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Popping sound coming out of PC speakers

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »