Thread poster: Eunike Angela
Eunike Angela
Eunike Angela
Indonesia
Local time: 20:40
English to Indonesian
Nov 11, 2020

Hi Everyone,
i would like ask names of organizations that are willing to give (positive) reviews, feedbacks, ratings on our profile on proz and other platforms ? i contacted them, but most of them can not give, but only recommendation letters. is there any previous forums that show polls about how important to be a volunteer is to start a translation career or how many people agree with being a volunteer ?

thankyou in advance

David Jones
David Jones  Identity Verified
Taiwan
Local time: 21:40
Chinese to English
+ ...
Somethings I found on Google Nov 13, 2020

I'm not sure if this will be much help to you but this is what I found on Google...

https://www.tomedes.com/translator-hub/how-to-get-translation-jobs-without-experience.php

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 13:40
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
That blog is an example of the worst sort of self-advertising Nov 13, 2020

David Jones wrote:

I'm not sure if this will be much help to you but this is what I found on Google...

https://www.tomedes.com/translator-hub/how-to-get-translation-jobs-without-experience.php

"Although agencies do take a cut of your paycheque, many translators - both inexperienced and professional alike - find that this is a happy compromise that works for them."

What a totally misleading thing to say! Agencies don't take a cut -- they are our clients! When quoting to their own clients, they add a markup to our fee.

And then they give their own translator application form -- what a cheek! They're specifically addressing people who want to volunteer their services, so they're now trying to reel them in and pay a pittance for commercial work. Please, please, don't contact them. They really should be slammed for doing that.

David Jones
David Jones  Identity Verified
Taiwan
Local time: 21:40
Chinese to English
+ ...
Thanks for the clarification! Nov 16, 2020

Glad you cleared that up for me

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

an organization where we can volunteer that can give feedbacks

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »