In MemoQ 8.4, how do I completely delete all local copies of an online project and then check out?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 09:10
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Oct 17, 2018

In MemoQ 8.4, how do I completely delete all local copies of an online project and then check out?

I have one folder I selected as project folder for all MemoQ files for this project. Besides this folder, which I easily just delete, is there any other folder where MemoQ saved the project files into that I also need to delete before I can check out the project one more time?

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Select "My computer" as the project location and move to Recycle bin Oct 17, 2018

If you work on online memoQ projects, you connect to a certain server, check out, etc. The project is stored in "Mi computer", i.e. in the drop-down list where you have server names, choose "My computer".

Now you should see the list of local copies of projects (can be from multiple customers). You can now simply select a project and click the "Move to Recycle bin" icon in the ribbon. You can now select your customer's memoQ server again in lieu of "My Computer", do a new checkout, a
... See more
If you work on online memoQ projects, you connect to a certain server, check out, etc. The project is stored in "Mi computer", i.e. in the drop-down list where you have server names, choose "My computer".

Now you should see the list of local copies of projects (can be from multiple customers). You can now simply select a project and click the "Move to Recycle bin" icon in the ribbon. You can now select your customer's memoQ server again in lieu of "My Computer", do a new checkout, and continue work.

Should you move an incorrect project to the bin, you can undo this by clicking the "View Recycle bin" icon, choosing your project, and then clicking the "Restore" icon.

Hope this helps!
Collapse

Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Worked fine to move to recycle bin and check out the project again Oct 17, 2018

Thanks very much Tomas, worked fine after I checked out the project again. No more error message about access denied.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »