issues with "compare versions" (double spaces)
Thread poster: Ballacchino VM
Ballacchino VM
Ballacchino VM
Germany
Local time: 21:57
German to Danish
+ ...
Nov 12, 2018

Hi,

I would like to know if anybody else has noticed issues with the compare versions function in memoQ since memoQ 8.4.

Whenever we activate compare versions -> against last inserted match , make a change to the segment and deactivate the function after making that change, double spaces are inserted in the source and target segment.

The issue still persists in memoQ 8.6.

I cannot believe that we are the only ones who have noticed this
... See more
Hi,

I would like to know if anybody else has noticed issues with the compare versions function in memoQ since memoQ 8.4.

Whenever we activate compare versions -> against last inserted match , make a change to the segment and deactivate the function after making that change, double spaces are inserted in the source and target segment.

The issue still persists in memoQ 8.6.

I cannot believe that we are the only ones who have noticed this issue.
Collapse

Timothy Barton

Timothy Barton
Timothy Barton
Local time: 22:57
French to English
+ ...
I've noticed too Feb 28, 2019

I've also noticed and have been nagging MemoQ about it for ages. The extra spaces are there before you deactivate the function. Notice that, where you've replaced one word with another, you have a space before and after the crossed out word. In some cases you end up with three spaces.

Whenever I use this feature, I use find/replace to eliminate triple and double spaces. The real problem, though, is that in some cases it removes spaces, so you have to check through the changes very c
... See more
I've also noticed and have been nagging MemoQ about it for ages. The extra spaces are there before you deactivate the function. Notice that, where you've replaced one word with another, you have a space before and after the crossed out word. In some cases you end up with three spaces.

Whenever I use this feature, I use find/replace to eliminate triple and double spaces. The real problem, though, is that in some cases it removes spaces, so you have to check through the changes very carefully, and run a spell checker in case you missed two words being fused together.

It's annoying that MemoQ advertises features that don't work properly. Another feature that is essentially broken is "import reviewed document".
Collapse

Johan Kjallman

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

issues with "compare versions" (double spaces)

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »