Mark Possemiers
Mark Possemiers  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 16:33
Member (2013)
Dutch to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 27, 2016

I work alone, but I am looking for a simple, OS X or cloud based computer system to make my work flow more visible, automatic or whatever you prefer.

I ll try to structure my needs a little bit more.

job comes in, usually with a fixed price. You know ...
you have the reference(s) of the client. If the client has his own invoicing platform, like e.g. Lionbridge, Transperfect, etc. I do not have to worry - it is all in their online system.

If not - need
... See more
I work alone, but I am looking for a simple, OS X or cloud based computer system to make my work flow more visible, automatic or whatever you prefer.

I ll try to structure my needs a little bit more.

job comes in, usually with a fixed price. You know ...
you have the reference(s) of the client. If the client has his own invoicing platform, like e.g. Lionbridge, Transperfect, etc. I do not have to worry - it is all in their online system.

If not - need to pick up the order ... most of them come via email
have to transfer the files to dropbox (or any other cloud system) to translate from there in Trados or similar
I need a file number assigned automatically - this is the whole basis of my filing system

Target date for completion
Invoicing (incl. reminders etc.) as automatic as possible.

At moment (don't laugh) basis of my "system" is mostly A4 sheets that have been pre-printed with all fields and I fill in by pen and pencil.

Anyone any ideas?
Collapse

Dr. Derk von Moock
Dr. Derk von Moock
Greece
Local time: 17:33
Greek to German
+ ...
TO 3000 Aug 27, 2016

You could try this: http://www.to3000.com/
Derk

Mark Possemiers
Mark Possemiers  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 16:33
Member (2013)
Dutch to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
OSX? Aug 27, 2016

sorry but looking for a specific Mac environment
Thanks!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Seeking suggestions on Mac-compatible project software

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »