Exclude numbers from Editor
Thread poster: Varvez
Varvez
Varvez
Italy
May 7, 2021

Good morning, everyone,

I would like to know if it is possible in OmegaT to exclude segments that only contain numbers, so that they do not appear in the Editor window.

Thank you.

Dragomir Kovacevic
Dragomir Kovacevic  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 07:24
Italian to Serbian
+ ...
If these are spreadsheet files , try.... May 10, 2021

If you refer to spreadsheet files, you might "copy-paste special-unformated" into a provisional spreadsheet. Allign the data of these raw files according to alphabetical order. The rows with numbers will appear high up. Then create a TMX memory only of the rows with numbers and put it into the auto-folder of the project (TMX in UTF-8 encoding).
Copy all original files into the source folder of the project; once in the project, you'll notice that the rows with numbers are already "translate
... See more
If you refer to spreadsheet files, you might "copy-paste special-unformated" into a provisional spreadsheet. Allign the data of these raw files according to alphabetical order. The rows with numbers will appear high up. Then create a TMX memory only of the rows with numbers and put it into the auto-folder of the project (TMX in UTF-8 encoding).
Copy all original files into the source folder of the project; once in the project, you'll notice that the rows with numbers are already "translated". A good thing is to compile this stage, and to examine the Net Count calculation from the menu, in order to comply with many requests that number lines are fully exempted of calculation (OmegaT does not exclude lines with numbers only - and proceed with translating of the remaining parts, hitting always "go-to-the-next-untranslated-segment" (Ctr+U), otherwise the advantage is lost.

I am sure there are some more clever methods than this one, maybe in internal scripts, I can't say now.

The above method is also suitable for working with text files, not only with spreadsheets.

Varvez wrote:

Good morning, everyone,

I would like to know if it is possible in OmegaT to exclude segments that only contain numbers, so that they do not appear in the Editor window.

Thank you.

[Edited at 2021-05-10 10:09 GMT]
Collapse

Varvez
Varvez
Italy
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks May 10, 2021

Dragomir Kovacevic wrote:

Copy all original files into the source folder of the project; once in the project, you'll notice that the rows with numbers are already "translated". A good thing is to compile this stage, and to examine the Net Count calculation from the menu, in order to comply with many requests that number lines are fully exempted of calculation (OmegaT does not exclude lines with numbers only - and proceed with translating of the remaining parts, hitting always "go-to-the-next-untranslated-segment" (Ctr+U), otherwise the advantage is lost.

I am sure there are some more clever methods than this one, maybe in internal scripts, I can't say now.

The above method is also suitable for working with text files, not only with spreadsheets.

Varvez wrote:

Good morning, everyone,

Thank you.

[Edited at 2021-05-10 10:09 GMT]

Thanks

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Exclude numbers from Editor

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »