BUMMER! ONLY MOBILE! (When is the next on-site translation contest?)
Thread poster: Ramey Rieger (X)
Ramey Rieger (X)
Ramey Rieger (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:57
German to English
May 17, 2018

I am NOT MOBILE and don't wanna be. So where's the translation contest for HOMIES???

CONTEST SUBMISSION ENDS SUNDAY, MAY 20
How would you translate...?
ProZ.com mobile contest
"There are tremendous misnomers with doing comedy. Not the people. The plain people, they..."

Jerry Lewis, 1973

Entries have already been submiited in Spanish, Farsi, Greek, German and Arabic.

PROPOSE YOUR TRANSLATION
ProZ.com trans
... See more
I am NOT MOBILE and don't wanna be. So where's the translation contest for HOMIES???

CONTEST SUBMISSION ENDS SUNDAY, MAY 20
How would you translate...?
ProZ.com mobile contest
"There are tremendous misnomers with doing comedy. Not the people. The plain people, they..."

Jerry Lewis, 1973

Entries have already been submiited in Spanish, Farsi, Greek, German and Arabic.

PROPOSE YOUR TRANSLATION
ProZ.com translation contests
ProZ.com translation contests offer a fun way to take a break from your normal routine while testing and honing your skills with fellow translators.

This contest is the first mobile-only contest. This means that to participate either with an entry or with your vote(s), you must download and install the ProZ.com Mobile app in a mobile device --the app is provided as a free service to all ProZ.com users (for more information click here).
Collapse

Tatiana Dietrich
Tatiana Dietrich  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 11:57
English to Danish
+ ...
A new contest is coming up really soon May 21, 2018

Dear Ramey,

I'm currently working on a new contest edition. Watch out for the homepage and the translation contests forum to find out when it begins. Looking forward to having you on board!

Regards,

Tatiana

Tatiana Dietrich
Tatiana Dietrich  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Danish
+ ...
Submissions open for web-based translation contest Jun 21, 2018

Hi Ramey,

There's a new web-based translation contest going on. You can see the source text and submit your entry at https://www.proz.com/translation-contests/44

Submissions are open until July 5th.

Tatiana

Ramey Rieger (X)
Ramey Rieger (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:57
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Don't mean to be difficult Jun 21, 2018

Hi Tatiana!

Thanks for the tip, but I only translate into my native language, which is already English.
Would be thrilled to see a contest with a German source text!

Can't have everything and thanks for thinking of me!

Take care,
Ramey

DZiW (X)
DZiW (X)
Ukraine
English to Russian
+ ...
a privileged few Jun 22, 2018

It appears that non-members are so privileged now--even more prepaid features at the ProZ

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
SITE STAFF
Source texts in any language can be submitted for potential use in upcoming contests Jun 22, 2018

Ramey Rieger wrote:

Hi Tatiana!

Thanks for the tip, but I only translate into my native language, which is already English.
Would be thrilled to see a contest with a German source text!

Can't have everything and thanks for thinking of me!

Take care,
Ramey

Hello Ramey,

Sorry to butt in here. It would be great to have a German source text for one of the upcoming contests. If you have any suggestions, please do submit them here: https://www.proz.com/translation-contests/propose_source_text

Thanks!

Jared

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

BUMMER! ONLY MOBILE! (When is the next on-site translation contest?)

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »