Why Term Recognition is sometimes almost empty?
Thread poster: Peter Simon
Peter Simon
Peter Simon  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 17:45
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Oct 10, 2017

I use SDL Trados Studio 2017 this year after more than 2 years of using St. 2014. I didn't have problems with the integrated Term Recognition earlier, but I've been having more and more problems lately. In fact, sometimes all terms appear from the Termbase (which I can always see on the left side), but more and more often, only a couple of words turn up in the Term Recognition window, and the rest doesn't. Then, when I click on something to be added which I know is already in, of course, Add New... See more
I use SDL Trados Studio 2017 this year after more than 2 years of using St. 2014. I didn't have problems with the integrated Term Recognition earlier, but I've been having more and more problems lately. In fact, sometimes all terms appear from the Termbase (which I can always see on the left side), but more and more often, only a couple of words turn up in the Term Recognition window, and the rest doesn't. Then, when I click on something to be added which I know is already in, of course, Add New Term says it's already added, do I wish to go on? It's only then that I can see the term in question directly in the Termbase, but it still fails to be shown in the Term Recognition panel (top right corner). When I make a Termbase Search, the newly added words still fail to come up. I have no access to Settings in the Add termbases window, although I remember having set that to full access some time earlier. These last weeks, this problem slows down my work quite considerably.

What could be a reason, and especially, a solution to this? I'd appreciate any help. Thank you.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Why Term Recognition is sometimes almost empty?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »