Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory..
Thread poster: Bruno Depascale
Bruno Depascale
Bruno Depascale  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 10:43
Member (2009)
English to Italian
+ ...
Oct 14, 2017

Hi everybody, when I try to add a term from within Studio 2017 SR1 to multiform termbase, I got the following error message:

"Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt".

I have tried reorganizing the termbase, removing and reinstalling trados and multiterm 2017 and I have checked that both applications are up-to-date. Also, I don't have any antivirus installed.

Thank you for your help,

... See more
Hi everybody, when I try to add a term from within Studio 2017 SR1 to multiform termbase, I got the following error message:

"Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt".

I have tried reorganizing the termbase, removing and reinstalling trados and multiterm 2017 and I have checked that both applications are up-to-date. Also, I don't have any antivirus installed.

Thank you for your help,

Bruno

Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

System.AccessViolationException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089

Sdl.MultiTerm.TMO.Interop
c__DisplayClass3.b__2()
at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.Services.Log.Resources(Object message, Action action)
at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.CommandBars.ActionService.ExecuteAction(IAction action, ActionOrigin origin, Boolean allowToggle)
at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.CommandBars.ActionService.ExecuteActionForShortcut(Keys shortcut)
at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.WinForms.StudioWindowForm.OnKeyDown(KeyEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyEventArgs(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ProcessKeyPreview(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyPreview(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmKeyChar(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)]]>

SDL Trados Studio
Microsoft Windows 10 Home
NULL
DESKTOP-Q95VB79\Bruno
DESKTOP-Q95VB79
True
3526180 MB

[Edited at 2017-10-14 10:12 GMT]
Collapse

Mirko Mainardi
Mirko Mainardi  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
SDL community Oct 14, 2017

Ciao Bruno. Personally I still haven't installed 2017, precisely because I'm always very wary of new Studio releases and read that a lot of people were having a lot of issues.

It seems there already are a number of threads (including yours) about this specific problem on the SDL community fora ( http://goo.gl/1Kad9n ). Just yesterday, another one got thi
... See more
Ciao Bruno. Personally I still haven't installed 2017, precisely because I'm always very wary of new Studio releases and read that a lot of people were having a lot of issues.

It seems there already are a number of threads (including yours) about this specific problem on the SDL community fora ( http://goo.gl/1Kad9n ). Just yesterday, another one got this reply: http://community.sdl.com/product-groups/translationproductivity/f/90/p/14489/51687#51687

Doesn't sound particularly promising, but who knows?

BTW, is that kind of memory usage (3.5 GB) "normal" for Studio, or does it hint at a possible memory leak or something?
Collapse

Bruno Depascale
Bruno Depascale  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2009)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
an old issue Oct 14, 2017

Mirko Mainardi wrote:

It seems there already are a number of threads (including yours) about this specific problem on the SDL community fora ( http://goo.gl/1Kad9n ). Just yesterday, another one got this reply: http://community.sdl.com/product-groups/translationproductivity/f/90/p/14489/51687#51687

Doesn't sound particularly promising, but who knows?

BTW, is that kind of memory usage (3.5 GB) "normal" for Studio, or does it hint at a possible memory leak or something?

Thank you Mirko,
yes I already tried that solution, but it doesn't work..
However, I also found a post of 2015 about my same problem, so I thought it had been solved..

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory..

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »