RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:26
English
SDL Community - SDL Trados Busines Manager Dec 3, 2019

Larissa Ekonoja wrote:

Hi,

I contacted SDL to purchase Baccs in May, but the whole process has been one very long run-around of demos, no prices, and no idea about features. So I guess I have two questions that hopefully are relevant for more than just me:

1. Can I automatically import from Projetex, in the same way as the TO 3000 import?

2. How do I get Baccs now when it's owned by SDL? I don't have a Trados license, but my colleague does - but even then we can't figure out how to buy it and our contact at SDL has been unable to provide a price or any other information. I've looked at several tools and Baccs seems to meet our needs best, but I can't figure out how to get it. Help!

Hi,

You can find all the information that used to be on the old BaccS website here... and it's been updated:

https://community.sdl.com/product-groups/translationproductivity/business-manager/w/wiki

You can also ask any questions you like in the forum here:

https://community.sdl.com/product-groups/translationproductivity/business-manager/f

Regards

Paul.

Eugene Kuchynski
Eugene Kuchynski
Belarus
Local time: 22:26
English to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
Answers Dec 3, 2019

Hello, Larissa, Olly, Michael,

Well.. First of all, indeed you can write me and I'll explain about features/functionality. But not about pricing/purchasing, as I'm not responsible for it.
So, version for freelancers is now indeed called Trados Business Manager Lite. This is the plugin for Studio 2019. In contrast with main TBM (old BaccS), we try to make it ultimately simple yet packed with necessary functionality for freelancers. As fully-featured standalone version became so
... See more
Hello, Larissa, Olly, Michael,

Well.. First of all, indeed you can write me and I'll explain about features/functionality. But not about pricing/purchasing, as I'm not responsible for it.
So, version for freelancers is now indeed called Trados Business Manager Lite. This is the plugin for Studio 2019. In contrast with main TBM (old BaccS), we try to make it ultimately simple yet packed with necessary functionality for freelancers. As fully-featured standalone version became so complex, and simple freelancers don't need 80% of its functionality.

Old BaccS is now TBM Team, version intended for teams. In its current state, it's absolutely same as last version of BaccS released in May. So, Michael for example who still uses it, owes this version.

In terms of purchasing, prices went higher, as now TBM Team is focused on needs of teams, and upcoming update we worked on for 7 months will prove it. Future developments will also be focused on larger teams. At the same time, we intesively improve TBM Lite (plugin), listen to suggestions and also make it more packed tool. After few months have to say that it was right choice - much-much more users like TBM Lite comparing to number of users liked BaccS. Because it's easy to start working with it.

Hope this answer helps. Initially there was different plan. And I really feel sorry for Olly who so much disappointed in this change. We know you each other for a long time, and I really feel sorry.

Michael, thank you for continuous support!
Collapse

Oliver Pekelharing
Oliver Pekelharing  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 20:26
Dutch to English
TBM Team Dec 3, 2019

Hi Eugene,

Well its all been very confusing, but I did not realise (and nobody told me) that TBM Team was the exact same desktop software as the old BaccS, otherwise I may have stayed on board! Just out of interest, what does TBM team cost? It doesn't say it anywhere on the site.

Thanks,

Olly

Phillip Taylor

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

BaccS - Windows-based management and invoicing software for translators

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »