Do you use Master PDF Editor 5?
Thread poster: Kerlene Telesford
Kerlene Telesford
Kerlene Telesford
United States
Local time: 01:10
Spanish to English
Nov 19, 2018

Hello everyone I find it quite tedious to replicate the layout of PDF files. Basically, I have to make a Word document look like its source PDF as much as possible. This is required by my employer. Does anyone use Master PDF Editor 5 (v. 5.1.68) or anything similar for their work? What's your process for translating a document? I would love to just "erase" the source text and type in the English translations instead of going bac... See more
Hello everyone I find it quite tedious to replicate the layout of PDF files. Basically, I have to make a Word document look like its source PDF as much as possible. This is required by my employer. Does anyone use Master PDF Editor 5 (v. 5.1.68) or anything similar for their work? What's your process for translating a document? I would love to just "erase" the source text and type in the English translations instead of going back and forth between 2 files.Collapse

Merab Dekano
Merab Dekano  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2014)
English to Spanish
+ ...
OCR Nov 19, 2018

I am using ABBYY FineReader (or any other OSC software for that matter). Keep images as images, unless you need to translate the text inside. You can replicate tables, text of course, any other objects, etc. It requires some tweaking, but unless the source pdf is a complete disaster, you should have no problems exporting a decently formatted Word document (and then check it against the pdf source and adjust accordingly).

Ah, don't do it for free. It takes time; your time. Charge hou
... See more
I am using ABBYY FineReader (or any other OSC software for that matter). Keep images as images, unless you need to translate the text inside. You can replicate tables, text of course, any other objects, etc. It requires some tweaking, but unless the source pdf is a complete disaster, you should have no problems exporting a decently formatted Word document (and then check it against the pdf source and adjust accordingly).

Ah, don't do it for free. It takes time; your time. Charge hourly rate. It has nothing to do with translation and shouldn't be considered part of it.
Collapse

Kerlene Telesford

Kerlene Telesford
Kerlene Telesford
United States
Local time: 01:10
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Charge for formatting- absolutely! Nov 20, 2018

Merab Dekano wrote:

Ah, don't do it for free. It takes time; your time. Charge hourly rate. It has nothing to do with translation and shouldn't be considered part of it.

I'm glad you mentioned that it's not part of the actual translation process I wish it were not expected as part of the fee. It does indeed take time. Thanks for your input!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Do you use Master PDF Editor 5?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »