Thread poster: Isanie Pino
Isanie Pino
Isanie Pino
Argentina
Local time: 22:48
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 2, 2020

Hello, everyone. I hope you're healthy and keeping safe in your part of the world. I was wondering if anyone know of any open-source solution to create timed-text scripts for dubbing. I do own a subtitling software (EZTitles), but the dubbing program I use is a license I borrow from a colleague as any dubbing job comes up. Sadly, my colleague has decided not to renew the license, so I am looking for open-source options or even affordable ones. EZTitles is great for subtitlers, but if you need to... See more
Hello, everyone. I hope you're healthy and keeping safe in your part of the world. I was wondering if anyone know of any open-source solution to create timed-text scripts for dubbing. I do own a subtitling software (EZTitles), but the dubbing program I use is a license I borrow from a colleague as any dubbing job comes up. Sadly, my colleague has decided not to renew the license, so I am looking for open-source options or even affordable ones. EZTitles is great for subtitlers, but if you need to adapt a script for dubbing it really isn't great at all. Thank you!Collapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 04:48
English to Russian
Aegisub Nov 3, 2020

http://www.aegisub.org/#:~:text=Aegisub%20is%20a%20free,%20cross,in%20real-time%20video%20preview.

Sarper Aman
Sarper Aman  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 04:48
Member (2019)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Ooona's Transcribe Nov 3, 2020

Hi,

Ooona has a software called "Transcribe". You can take a look and free trial for upto 30-40 lines, I guess. It's not free, $60 per month but you can subscribe monthly, when you need it. I couldn't find any free script writing software, thou. You can export ABDL (As-broadcast Dialog List) or any other dialogue format. I hope it helps...
See more
Hi,

Ooona has a software called "Transcribe". You can take a look and free trial for upto 30-40 lines, I guess. It's not free, $60 per month but you can subscribe monthly, when you need it. I couldn't find any free script writing software, thou. You can export ABDL (As-broadcast Dialog List) or any other dialogue format. I hope it helps

https://shop.ooona.net/ooona-tools/

[Edited at 2020-11-03 11:42 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Open source dubbing software?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »