Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4] >
Translation Project Management. Which Software?
Thread poster: Baptiste Languille (X)
TvNellen (X)
TvNellen (X)
United States
Local time: 06:16
English to Dutch
+ ...
Hercules Translation Project Management Sep 29, 2015

There is another option, geared towards small and medium-sized LSPs: Hercules. It's in active development and the developer (me) is very responsive.

EmYP
EmYP
Spain
English to Italian
+ ...
Does Hercules provide a Client Portal? Jan 21, 2016

TvNellen wrote:

There is another option, geared towards small and medium-sized LSPs: Hercules. It's in active development and the developer (me) is very responsive.

Hi,

I am interested in your Project Management Tool but need to know if this integrates a client portal in order for the client to get a realtime quote when he uploads a document, without the intervention of a Project Manager.
We need this tool for small projects and need to automate work as much as possible.

Thanks

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:16
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
No screenshots? Jan 21, 2016

TvNellen wrote:

Michael

Aploq
Aploq
Poland
Member (2010)
English to Polish
+ ...
Translationprojex support Jan 21, 2016

Hi, I have a question for Translationprojex users. Did you have to use their support and were you satisfied with response times and quality?
I am generally very positive about this system and I hope it will smooth things up with us. But their support did not reply within 24 hours and when I contacted them via email, i was told that they will reply next week (it's Thursday today). My question was not very complicated...
Thanks, Agata

Michael Beijer
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Projetex Jan 21, 2016

Aploq wrote:

Hi, I have a question for Translationprojex users. Did you have to use their support and were you satisfied with response times and quality?
I am generally very positive about this system and I hope it will smooth things up with us. But their support did not reply within 24 hours and when I contacted them via email, i was told that they will reply next week (it's Thursday today). My question was not very complicated...
Thanks, Agata

If you want the best support, try these guys: http://www.projetex.com/

Apparently, they are also about to release new versions of both Projetex and TO3000.

Aploq
Aploq
Poland
Member (2010)
English to Polish
+ ...
Projetex Jan 21, 2016

Michael Beijer wrote:

If you want the best support, try these guys: http://www.projetex.com/

Apparently, they are also about to release new versions of both Projetex and TO3000.

Thanks, but I need an online solution. Projetex is great otherwise.

TvNellen (X)
TvNellen (X)
United States
English to Dutch
+ ...
Screenshots Jan 22, 2016

Michael Beijer wrote:

TvNellen wrote:

Michael

Do you mean you would like to see screenshots?

Michael Beijer
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Yes, very much! Jan 22, 2016

TvNellen wrote:

Michael Beijer wrote:

TvNellen wrote:

Michael

Screenshots are one of the first things I look at on a page about software. Very important to get a quick look at everything.

Michael

TvNellen (X)
TvNellen (X)
United States
English to Dutch
+ ...
Client portal Jan 22, 2016

EmYP wrote:

TvNellen wrote:

Hi,

I am interested in your Project Management Tool but need to know if this integrates a client portal in order for the client to get a realtime quote when he uploads a document, without the intervention of a Project Manager.
We need this tool for small projects and need to automate work as much as possible.

Thanks

There is a client portal but the functionality you are asking for currently does not exist. It may be added in the future though.

TvNellen (X)
TvNellen (X)
United States
English to Dutch
+ ...
Upon request Jan 22, 2016

Michael Beijer wrote:

TvNellen wrote:

Michael Beijer wrote:

TvNellen wrote:

Michael

Screenshots are one of the first things I look at on a page about software. Very important to get a quick look at everything.

Michael

Currently screenshots are available upon request, but I may add some to the website at some point. Thanks for the suggestion!

Thomas

TvNellen (X)
TvNellen (X)
United States
English to Dutch
+ ...
New Hercules video channel Mar 12, 2016

I put up a video about Hercules to give an impression of the user interface: YouTube link.

Volodymyr Kukharenko
Volodymyr Kukharenko
Ukraine
Local time: 13:16
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
Protemos Jul 7, 2016

One more tool recently released, see www.protemos.com.

It's cloud-based and free for freelancers, also free for the agencies untill 2017.

Michael Beijer
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
BaccS Jul 7, 2016

And another one I am currently testing: http://www.ibaccs.com/

The developer is very responsive and adding new features almost daily.

Michael

John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 07:16
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
TranslationProjex Jul 7, 2016

Another good one for agencies is http://www.translationprojex.net/

Nenad Andricsek
Nenad Andricsek
Local time: 12:16
English to Serbian
+ ...
None of the Tools does what We Really Need Nov 29, 2016

Whatever we did in the past, nothing really worked for us.

Reasons are several, but mostly, because the systems are, on one hand a complete Overkill:

- they can automate coffee making when you step into the office (just an example of a super cool, but not so important advanced feature),

but on the other hand:

- they can't figure out a way to enter a project in 25 seconds, and if you are a small agency that works a lot with smaller projects (
... See more
Whatever we did in the past, nothing really worked for us.

Reasons are several, but mostly, because the systems are, on one hand a complete Overkill:

- they can automate coffee making when you step into the office (just an example of a super cool, but not so important advanced feature),

but on the other hand:

- they can't figure out a way to enter a project in 25 seconds, and if you are a small agency that works a lot with smaller projects (we, who are in localization are seeing this trend being the standard now) you end up spending most of your project management time in data entry - not really what we need to pay them for, right?

We are now using one of those systems, and they work. But they are far from perfect:

- lot of redundant data needs to be entered again and again
- there is just too much room for making an error in data entry (and when you have to enter 80 new jobs a day, errors do happen)
- the financial structure is too complicated both for us (the Agency), and the vendors (freelancers etc) and the clients..

So I decided to spend my daughters college tuition on building one that will make our life easier.

It's still in the beginning, but maybe it can help you too down the line.

If you want to, you can check it out here:

minitpms.com

Thank you for listening
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation Project Management. Which Software?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »