natascher
natascher
France
Local time: 17:50
English to French
+ ...
Dec 2, 2014

Hello,
A post-production is asking me how much I charge per minute for the adaptation of a film or a series. Each time I've worked on on film or video document it was a package price. I also usually charge per word for translations.
I asked whether it was from a written document first (transcription or script) or only from a video document. I don't have the answer yet. I just know that it would be for a dubbing. I would appreciate if anyone could give me a hint on that.
How
... See more
Hello,
A post-production is asking me how much I charge per minute for the adaptation of a film or a series. Each time I've worked on on film or video document it was a package price. I also usually charge per word for translations.
I asked whether it was from a written document first (transcription or script) or only from a video document. I don't have the answer yet. I just know that it would be for a dubbing. I would appreciate if anyone could give me a hint on that.
How much do you charge for this type of job?
Thanks for your help.
Collapse

Lisette Vogler-Chase
Lisette Vogler-Chase  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 18:50
Member (2013)
English to German
+ ...
translating for voice-over Dec 2, 2014

after researching on this myself a while ago, I now charge € 8 per running minute for the translation of scripts for voice-over. If time-coding is also required I charge € 10 per running minute. For transcription, translation and time-coding €13 per running minute...If I'm charging too little, any advice by others would be welcome:)

LilianNekipelov
LilianNekipelov  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:50
Russian to English
+ ...
It depends whether for translation only, subtitling or voiceover. Dec 3, 2014

For translation the rates start somewhere at $7/min, up to about $10, perhaps more sometimes.

natascher
natascher
France
Local time: 17:50
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
What about rates for subtitling ? Dec 3, 2014

Another question : how much would you charge for subtitling ? Minimum and maximum ?

[Edited at 2014-12-03 13:26 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Kristina Radziulyte[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

translating video/voice over

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »