Initiator des Themas: Ziad Marzouka
Ziad Marzouka
Ziad Marzouka  Identity Verified
Schweiz
Local time: 06:22
Englisch > Arabisch
+ ...
Apr 27, 2005

is anyone having problems reading arabic on this site? i can read arabic on all sites except proz.com, i see symbols instead of letter, any suggestions ?

Sabry Hameed
Sabry Hameed  Identity Verified
Ägypten
Local time: 07:22
Mitglied (2004)
Persisch (Farsi) > Arabisch
+ ...
Encoding Apr 27, 2005

I think it might be due oto encoding.

To solve this problem, go to View -> Encoding in your browser and change it to Arabic (Windows)

I hope this could help

Sabry

Fuad Yahya
Fuad Yahya  Identity Verified
Arabisch
+ ...
There was a problem, but it has been resolved. Apr 27, 2005

Yesterday, there was an encoding problem that affected all non-Western European scripts. One had to change the encoding with every page turn. It was frustrating to everybody.

The problem has been corrected. If your encoding is set to Arabic (Windows) and you are able to display Arabic on other websites, you should be able to display it on ProZ.com as well.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

reading arabic

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »