Nahed Hussein
Nahed Hussein
Local time: 17:21
angielski > arabski
+ ...
Nov 27, 2006

Arabic QuarkXpress Awareness Help

Dear All

Can any one help me for how to be skilled in DTP workk using QuarkXpress for typesetting DTP work for Arabic Language, I have theversion QuarkXpress 6.1 but does not import Arabic texts, strange characters.
I did an extensive search online, found that there is a solution called ArabicXT, extensions, enable me to insert Arabic texts.

Can you help me. I will highly appreciate your help.

Than
... See more

Dear All

Can any one help me for how to be skilled in DTP workk using QuarkXpress for typesetting DTP work for Arabic Language, I have theversion QuarkXpress 6.1 but does not import Arabic texts, strange characters.
I did an extensive search online, found that there is a solution called ArabicXT, extensions, enable me to insert Arabic texts.

Can you help me. I will highly appreciate your help.

Thank You.

Yours,
Nahed
Collapse

duraid
duraid
Australia
Local time: 00:21
arabski > angielski
+ ...
Upgrade to 6.5 Middle Eastern Edition Nov 27, 2006

Hi, although I don’t use QuarkXpress but indesign, I found that version 6.5 supports Arabic. You may download a demo version from the following address:

http://www.quark.com/products/xpress/middleeast.html

Regards

Moataz H.
Moataz H.
Egipt
Local time: 17:21
arabski > angielski
+ ...
Arabic Typesetting Using QuarkXpress Apr 14, 2007

Hi, typeseeting Arabic in QuarkXpress represents a serious problem for Quark users. To typeset Arabic into Quark you should use Arabic Extension as you found, ArabicXT, but it is not for free it will afford you some amount of money.

Otherwise, you can overcome this problem using a simple solution, typeset Arabic in Adobe Illustrator, make the Arabic text outlined, and import the outlined EPS into Quark.
Many clients know this solution and work on it. It is perfect but not all
... See more
Hi, typeseeting Arabic in QuarkXpress represents a serious problem for Quark users. To typeset Arabic into Quark you should use Arabic Extension as you found, ArabicXT, but it is not for free it will afford you some amount of money.

Otherwise, you can overcome this problem using a simple solution, typeset Arabic in Adobe Illustrator, make the Arabic text outlined, and import the outlined EPS into Quark.
Many clients know this solution and work on it. It is perfect but not all clients accept that.

Regards
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »