Help: Predictive typing when capitalization is different in the source segment and the termbase
Thread poster: beronike
beronike
beronike
Spain
Local time: 18:02
English to Spanish
+ ...
Sep 13, 2021

Good morning:
I am working on a project where terms in the source text appear in both lowercase, uppercase or lowercase with initial capital letter.

The glossary terms are configured not to be case-sensitive.

The Capitalization option under Predictive typing and AutoPick is set to Intelligent capitalization based on the source segment.

MemoQ displays all terms perfectly in the Translation Results window; however, the predictive typing does no
... See more
Good morning:
I am working on a project where terms in the source text appear in both lowercase, uppercase or lowercase with initial capital letter.

The glossary terms are configured not to be case-sensitive.

The Capitalization option under Predictive typing and AutoPick is set to Intelligent capitalization based on the source segment.

MemoQ displays all terms perfectly in the Translation Results window; however, the predictive typing does not work in cases where the terms of the source segment and the termbase are different.

Example:
Source: Component
In the Translation Results, the termbase match is: EN: component ES: componente

Since the capitalization is different, it does not allow me to type the C and then take advantage of predictive typing, so I have to type the entire term.

Does anyone know if there is any setting I am missing so I can benefit from predictive typing even when the capitalization is different?

Thank you for your help.
Collapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 19:02
English to Russian
Lookup is case-sensitive Sep 13, 2021

Hi beronike,
Try to untick this checkbox:
2021-09-13_103125

[Edited at 2021-09-13 16:17 GMT]

Grigori Gazarian

beronike
beronike
Spain
Local time: 18:02
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you so much! Sep 13, 2021

Thank you!
This is exactly what I needed
Best and happy day

Stepan Konev

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help: Predictive typing when capitalization is different in the source segment and the termbase

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »