Word 2007: Setting to disable spell-check keeps reverting to partially selected
Thread poster: rlpwnz
rlpwnz
rlpwnz
United States
Feb 26, 2014

Hi all,

I am experiencing an issue on various documents whereby the setting "Do not check spelling or grammar" consistently appears as partially selected (gray check box). When I select a portion of text and go to Review > Set Language, the box is gray-checked. I uncheck it, click OK, go back to the settings, and it's gray again.

The following suggested fixes have been tried:

- Selecting "English U.S.", unchecking the "Do not check spelling or grammar" box,
... See more
Hi all,

I am experiencing an issue on various documents whereby the setting "Do not check spelling or grammar" consistently appears as partially selected (gray check box). When I select a portion of text and go to Review > Set Language, the box is gray-checked. I uncheck it, click OK, go back to the settings, and it's gray again.

- Selecting "English U.S.", unchecking the "Do not check spelling or grammar" box, and clicking Default.
- Checking the settings on the Normal.dotm file.
- Checking the source code using shift+F1.

To add a twist to this, when I select one smaller portion of the text at a time, the setting is never checked. It's only partially checked when I select the entire portion of the text.

Thanks in advance for any advice you may have.
Collapse

mikhailo
mikhailo
Local time: 22:07
English to Russian
+ ...
re Mar 15, 2014

rlpwnz wrote:

Hi all,

- Selecting "English U.S.", unchecking the "Do not check spelling or grammar" box, and clicking Default.
- Checking the settings on the Normal.dotm file.
- Checking the source code using shift+F1.

To add a twist to this, when I select one smaller portion of the text at a time, the setting is never checked. It's only partially checked when I select the entire portion of the text.

Thanks in advance for any advice you may have.

Check parameters in File - Parameters - Proofing (or Spellcheck)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Word 2007: Setting to disable spell-check keeps reverting to partially selected

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »