Thread poster: Anette Herbert
Anette Herbert
Anette Herbert  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:01
English to Swedish
+ ...
Feb 13, 2011

Hi!

Sorry to write in English, but I urgently need help with some football info and am hoping that you can help me.

Would you be able to give me the names of the 5 top Brazilian football players who are now playing in Campeonato Brasileiro Series A.

Thank you in advance!

Anette

imatahan
imatahan  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 07:01
English to Portuguese
+ ...
NOT YET! Feb 13, 2011

O Campeonato Brasileiro de 2011, o Brasileirão, ainda vai começar, em 22 de maio.

Atualmente estão sendo realizados os campeonatos estaduais.

Anette Herbert
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Don't understand Feb 13, 2011

Thank you Imatahan,

I'm not sure I understand you, are you saying that the current season don't start until end of May?

In that case who are the best players from the last season?

Best regards

Anette

imatahan
imatahan  Identity Verified
Brazil
English to Portuguese
+ ...
There you have the best of 2010 Feb 13, 2011

http://virgula.... See more
http://virgula.uol.com.br/ver/noticia/esporte/2010/11/26/263133-mano-menezes-anuncia-melhores-jogadores-do-campeonato-brasileiro

http://weekale.blogspot.com/2010/12/melhores-jogadores-do-campeonato.html
Collapse

Paul Dixon
Paul Dixon  Identity Verified
Brazil
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Best Players Feb 22, 2011

Dear Annette,

As mentioned, the Brazilian football league proper (Séries A to D) only starts in May, after the regional leagues (Paulista, etc.) have finished. However, based on recent form, some players who could make an impact are:

Ronaldinho Gaúcho (Flamengo) - returned to his homeland after several years playing in Europe for AC Milan

Rogério Ceni (São Paulo) - he is the goalkeeper who has scored most goals in the world

Neymar (Santos)
... See more
Dear Annette,

As mentioned, the Brazilian football league proper (Séries A to D) only starts in May, after the regional leagues (Paulista, etc.) have finished. However, based on recent form, some players who could make an impact are:

Ronaldinho Gaúcho (Flamengo) - returned to his homeland after several years playing in Europe for AC Milan

Rogério Ceni (São Paulo) - he is the goalkeeper who has scored most goals in the world

Neymar (Santos) - Billed as the new wonderkid from the same club that brought King Pelé to fame. The issue here is whether he will still be in Brazil when the League starts, as many top European clubs are already wishing to sign him.

Paulo Henrique Ganso (Santos) - another member of the "Santastic" team which for the last couple of years has wowed the crowds with dazzling displays of football wizardry, including Cup wins of 10-0 over Naviraiense and 8-1 over Guarani.

Lucas (São Paulo) - an up and coming star who took the footballing world by storm during the recent South American Sub-20 championships, which Brazil won.

Liedson (Corinthians) - another repatriated player, this time from Portugal. Hired to fill in for the newly retired Ronaldo "The Mammoth" and also Roberto Carlos who has decided to play in Russia.

Conca (Fluminense) - made a great impact in the last games of the 2010 League. Have not seen him play recently as the Rio games are not broadcast to São Paulo, but definitely a name to watch. Born in Argentina.

Valdivia (Palmeiras) - a Chilean-born player of ups and downs, but when he is playing well he definitely turns on the magic - even his nickname is "El Mago" or The Magician.

El Loco Abreu (Botafogo) - famous for his participation in the recent World Cup in South Africa, has also played well at club level. Born in Uruguay.

I hope this helps - and I hope I turn out to be right.

PAUL

[Edited at 2011-02-22 23:14 GMT]
Collapse

Anette Herbert
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Very kind of you Feb 22, 2011

Dear Paul,

Thank you so much for all this information, it is really helpful. My daughter needed it for an imortant project at work and she is very grateful and amazed at the helpfulness of my translator colleagues. I'm not, I know you are a great bunch!

Best wishes and may you enjoy many good football matches!

Anette

Paul Dixon wrote:

Dear Annette,

Neymar (Santos) - Billed as the new wonderkid from the same club that brought King Pelé to fame. The issue here is whether he will still be in Brazil when the League starts, as many top European clubs are already wishing to sign him.

Paulo Henrique Ganso (Santos) - another member of the "Santastic" team which for the last couple of years has wowed the crowds with dazzling displays of football wizardry, including Cup wins of 10-0 over Naviraiense and 8-1 over Guarani.

Lucas (São Paulo) - an up and coming star who took the footballing world by storm during the recent South American Sub-20 championships, which Brazil won.

Liedson (Corinthians) - another repatriated player, this time from Portugal. Hired to fill in for the newly retired Ronaldo "The Mammoth" and also Roberto Carlos who has decided to play in Russia.

Conca (Fluminense) - made a great impact in the last games of the 2010 League. Have not seen him play recently as the Rio games are not broadcast to São Paulo, but definitely a name to watch. Born in Argentina.

Valdivia (Palmeiras) - a Chilean-born player of ups and downs, but when he is playing well he definitely turns on the magic - even his nickname is "El Mago" or The Magician.

El Loco Abreu (Botafogo) - famous for his participation in the recent World Cup in South Africa, has also played well at club level.

I hope this helps - and I hope I turn out to be right.

PAUL

Anette Herbert
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you imatahan Feb 22, 2011

Thanks again for your kind help and please see my reply to Paul below.

Best wishes

Anette

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help needed with Brazilian football league

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »