Windows Vista & Metatexis/Cat tools
Thread poster: Pam from Spain
Pam from Spain
Pam from Spain
Local time: 05:07
Spanish to English
Jun 11, 2007

Has anyone experienced problems with Windows Vista & CAT Tools & fond the solution? I have a new computer with Windows Vista &Office 2000 Premium - I'm trying to work with Metatexis but get Macro security error messages all the time. Anybody got any solutions or knws of a CAT tool that will work with this combination? I hear Trados doesn't work with Vista either & it's rather expensive.

Martin Wenzel
Martin Wenzel
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Windows Vista should not(?) affect your Metatexis Jun 12, 2007

To start with, I don't have Windows Vista installed just Windows XP. However, if there is incompatibility problem, it should not have so much to do with your operating system, but rather the Word Version you are using.

I am using Office 2003, which works fine with my Metatexis, and I haven't even downloaded the latest version 2.9.

There is a yahoo support group for Metatexis users, perhaps you should bring the question up there or search the forum for answers...

Marc P (X)
Marc P (X)  Identity Verified
German to English
+ ...
Windows Vista & Metatexis/Cat tools Jun 12, 2007

Pam from Spain wrote:

Has anyone experienced problems with Windows Vista & CAT Tools & fond the solution? (...) Anybody got any solutions or knows of a CAT tool that will work with this combination?

OmegaT works on pretty much anything, even Mac OSX and Linux.

Marc

Pam from Spain
Pam from Spain
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jun 12, 2007

Martin Wenzel wrote:

To start with, I don't have Windows Vista installed just Windows XP. However, if there is incompatibility problem, it should not have so much to do with your operating system, but rather the Word Version you are using.

I am using Office 2003, which works fine with my Metatexis, and I haven't even downloaded the latest version 2.9.

There is a yahoo support group for Metatexis users, perhaps you should bring the question up there or search the forum for answers...

Ok thanks

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Windows Vista & Metatexis/Cat tools

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »