Reinstate RWS account access—who to contact?
Thread poster: Artem Vakhitov
Artem Vakhitov
Artem Vakhitov  Identity Verified
Kyrgyzstan
English to Russian
+ ...
Feb 7, 2023

I haven't been able to access my RWS account lately, probably due to the fact that I used to be located in Russia. I'm sort of logged in, but cannot open any section of the account, such as Licenses, Downloads, etc. Now that I've moved to another country, I hope to reinstate access, but who do I contact, given that the portal is not working for me?

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 18:35
English to Russian
Try to contact Frances Pearn-Rowe or sign up again Feb 7, 2023

When RWS announced their end of service for the Russian citizens, it was Frances Pearn-Rowe who signed the message on behalf of RWS (you probably have that message in your inbox, 10 March 2022). At the end of her message she said If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. Also add a copy to other general email addresses like [email protected]. As a last resort, since you are outside Russia now, you can create an accoun... See more
When RWS announced their end of service for the Russian citizens, it was Frances Pearn-Rowe who signed the message on behalf of RWS (you probably have that message in your inbox, 10 March 2022). At the end of her message she said If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. Also add a copy to other general email addresses like [email protected]. As a last resort, since you are outside Russia now, you can create an account just for the only purpose to reach their support or post your question (which is equivalent to opening a support ticket).

[Edited at 2023-02-07 18:36 GMT]
Collapse

Artem Vakhitov
Kyrgyzstan
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Stepan, sent an email to Frances Pearn-Rowe Feb 7, 2023

Thank you Stepan. I've sent an email to Frances Pearn-Rowe, making it a reply to the message you mentioned, and added a copy to [email protected]. (It should be noted that her original email seems to concern Trados Live Essentials only; however, I do believe that our ongoing access problems are rooted in the same decision by RWS.)

Stepan Konev wrote:

When RWS announced their end of service for the Russian citizens, it was Frances Pearn-Rowe who signed the message on behalf of RWS (you probably have that message in your inbox, 10 March 2022). At the end of her message she said If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. Also add a copy to other general email addresses like [email protected]. As a last resort, since you are outside Russia now, you can create an account just for the only purpose to reach their support or post your question (which is equivalent to opening a support ticket).

[Edited at 2023-02-07 18:36 GMT]

Artem Vakhitov
Kyrgyzstan
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
UPDATE: Access restored Feb 14, 2023

My access to RWS account has been restored today with the kind help of Frances. I was asked to provide proof of residence.

Stepan Konev

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Reinstate RWS account access—who to contact?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »