Stron w wątku:   < [1 2]
Poll: How many cups of coffee/tea (any beverages) do you have on a working day?
Autor wątku: ProZ.com Staff
Alex Lichanow
Alex Lichanow
Niemcy
Local time: 02:04
Członek ProZ.com
od 2020

angielski > niemiecki
+ ...
Mate Jan 3

Lingua 5B wrote:

I thought it might have been available in South America. Yes, I understand that. We also sometimes travel with mini portable coffee machines (that look like a bottle, it’s not French press).

In Europe, you’d hardly source mate set/kit in a shop, while mate tea leaves may be available, but I am sure they’re of low quality.

I experimented with mate (not the traditional way) when I was trying to quit coffee, but it didn’t work as they give me two completely different types of kicks. Mate is mate, coffee is coffee. The only type of tea I have now is green gunpowder or black tea. Matcha is too bitter/strong or I’m not used to it. One of my favs: https://www.amazon.com/Ahmad-Tea-Vanilla-Tranquility-Flavored/dp/B07W8VK5D5

I also sometimes have rooibos but it doesn’t do anything (no caffeine), just makes me sleep.

[Edited at 2024-01-03 14:33 GMT]

Here in Germany, mate is fairly well known and popular as a lightly carbonated soft drink. People basically drink it as a surrogate for energy drinks. Though I guess this has nothing to do with actual South American mate, and personally, I am rather confused by the German variation's very mild carbonization. You either carbonate drinks or you don't, just don't go that annoying "medium" way!

Lingua 5B

Liena Vijupe
Liena Vijupe  Identity Verified
Łotwa
Local time: 03:04
Członek ProZ.com
od 2014

francuski > łotewski
+ ...
depends Jan 3

1 cup of coffee (with milk), but not every day
2-3 big cups of (green or fruit) tea
water
occasionally something else

Or so it was until a couple days ago when I returned from my holidays in Morocco with a teapot and a set of Moroccan glasses. Now I can get 4-5 glasses of tea instead of 1 regular mug!

20240103_163009_30

P.L.F. Persio

IrinaN
IrinaN
USA
Local time: 19:04
angielski > rosyjski
+ ...
Coffee worshiper, coffee junkee, and a terrible, just terrible coffee snob :-) Jan 3

"Coffee mugs" and "instant coffee" are not allowed in my world together with that bitter liquid produced by the dripping machines.

1 double espresso 3 minutes after I get up, 1 - after a long hot shower taken within the next 15 minutes, both from the finest porcelain:-) When I don't have to rush to work, sometimes I take time to fix Turkish coffee in a jezve. No, I do not require a lady-in-waiting to serve it in bed b
... See more
"Coffee mugs" and "instant coffee" are not allowed in my world together with that bitter liquid produced by the dripping machines.

1 double espresso 3 minutes after I get up, 1 - after a long hot shower taken within the next 15 minutes, both from the finest porcelain:-) When I don't have to rush to work, sometimes I take time to fix Turkish coffee in a jezve. No, I do not require a lady-in-waiting to serve it in bed but my ex used to do a great job in that department. He shared my views about treating coffee properly. Unfortunately, that alone didn't save the marriage.

1 more, occasionally, before noon (I get up between 6 and 7), plenty of water, and frozen mixed berries/grass superfood/collagen/non-fat milk smoothies in the evenings. A great variety of teas are welcome on demand but not too often and 1 cup a day at most. Steeped dried herbal mix from Altai mountains, picked personally by my friend's mother who supplies it to all family friends, beats any tea. Especially with real Altai wild bee honey before bedtime, a tea spoon or two taken separately, not in the mix.

When I'm not too lazy, I prepare 3-4 washed and pre-portioned small ziploc bags of fresh vegetables and greens and drink a glass of veggie juice once a day. Chilled spinach, parsley, beets, cucumbers, celery, carrots, cherry tomatoes, a green apple. Delicious! BTW, the remaining pulp goes into the homemade hamburger-style patties (Russian ground meat cutlets, pan-fried and served without any buns, just with any favorite side dishes).

I love milk but not in tea/coffee.
Collapse

P.L.F. Persio

Lingua 5B
Lingua 5B  Identity Verified
Bośnia i Hercegowina
Członek ProZ.com
od 2009

angielski > chorwacki
+ ...
Also Jan 3

Alex Lichanow wrote:

Lingua 5B wrote:

I thought it might have been available in South America. Yes, I understand that. We also sometimes travel with mini portable coffee machines (that look like a bottle, it’s not French press).

In Europe, you’d hardly source mate set/kit in a shop, while mate tea leaves may be available, but I am sure they’re of low quality.

I experimented with mate (not the traditional way) when I was trying to quit coffee, but it didn’t work as they give me two completely different types of kicks. Mate is mate, coffee is coffee. The only type of tea I have now is green gunpowder or black tea. Matcha is too bitter/strong or I’m not used to it. One of my favs: https://www.amazon.com/Ahmad-Tea-Vanilla-Tranquility-Flavored/dp/B07W8VK5D5

I also sometimes have rooibos but it doesn’t do anything (no caffeine), just makes me sleep.

[Edited at 2024-01-03 14:33 GMT]

Here in Germany, mate is fairly well known and popular as a lightly carbonated soft drink. People basically drink it as a surrogate for energy drinks. Though I guess this has nothing to do with actual South American mate, and personally, I am rather confused by the German variation's very mild carbonization. You either carbonate drinks or you don't, just don't go that annoying "medium" way!

“Mate” energy drink probably also contains guarana, ginseng, lots of sugar and other stimulating herbs, and just some mate extract. Then the consumers may believe they get a kick from mate, while it comes from all these other ingredients.

[Edited at 2024-01-03 15:15 GMT]

Alex Lichanow

Alex Lichanow
Alex Lichanow
Niemcy
Członek ProZ.com
od 2020

angielski > niemiecki
+ ...
Yes, probably Jan 3

Lingua 5B wrote:

“Mate” energy drink probably also contains guarana, ginseng, lots of sugar and other stimulating herbs, and just some mate extract. Then the consumers may believe they get a kick from mate, while it comes from all these other ingredients.

[Edited at 2024-01-03 15:15 GMT]

You're probably right. I must admit, I never really had a good look at the ingredients when I tried a few different "mates" at the height of their popularity. Basically, they tasted like a slightly less annoying Red Bull that has been standing open for a day and went flat.

Thayenga
Thayenga  Identity Verified
Niemcy
Członek ProZ.com
od 2009

angielski > niemiecki
+ ...
Admitted coffeeholic Jan 3

I don't count cups, I count pots.

Kimberly Wastler
Kimberly Wastler  Identity Verified
USA
Local time: 20:04
Członek ProZ.com
od 2005

włoski > angielski
+ ...
Kind of a silly question... Jan 3

So with caffeine? One cup of coffee in the morning.
Tea or beverages? Lots of water throughout the day - hot herbal tea in the winter (no sugar), ice water or tea in the summer.
My doctor confirmed that a cup a day (or more, actually, but don't exaggerate) is good for your liver, even if you have high blood pressure.
So I am not a caffeine hound.
I just try to stay hydrated, even at my desk.

Christine Andersen
Christine Andersen  Identity Verified
Dania
Członek ProZ.com
od 2003

duński > angielski
+ ...
I can´t drink coffee when I´m asleep! Jan 4

I volunteered at a playgroup when my son was small, and the leader used to make sure there was always coffee in the kitchen. She said she could drink coffee any time except when she was asleep. I am the same - although if I drink two cups just before bedtime I don´t fall asleep as fast as usual!

Some years ago I had the chance of a very special trip to see glassmaking in India, and was told that where we were going, tea would be available, but the coffee would not suit our Scandina
... See more
I volunteered at a playgroup when my son was small, and the leader used to make sure there was always coffee in the kitchen. She said she could drink coffee any time except when she was asleep. I am the same - although if I drink two cups just before bedtime I don´t fall asleep as fast as usual!

Some years ago I had the chance of a very special trip to see glassmaking in India, and was told that where we were going, tea would be available, but the coffee would not suit our Scandinavian tastes. I know I am an addict, so I started reducing my intake of caffeine by gradually going over to decaffeinated coffee for some, and then all of my daily consumption of coffee. It was almost painless, and in India I only had jet-lag for a day or so, not that awful torpor I normally feel when I don´t get my coffee!

But friends served real coffee when I came home, and wow, it tasted good! I was back to my normal habits at once. Now, when I travel, I take a jar of my favourite Fair-Trade instant coffee - unless I am going to the UK, where I stock up on it! They have even gone over to cardboard drums recently, which save weight and do not shatter like glass.

I have a different problem with Italians (Or they have a problem with me ). My son´s family wince when I brew my huge mug of coffee, much weaker than theirs, and then add milk - they think it ruins it. I was in Naples when they actually had SNOW some years back, and I simply dreamed of hot coffee half the time. They served coffee in tiny, thick cups, so it was cold before you could drink it, with a glass of cold water! It's great in the summer, but they just don't get the idea of coffee the way we drink it in northern Europe!

Cheers everyone, whatever you drink!

[Edited at 2024-01-04 10:06 GMT]
Collapse

P.L.F. Persio

Lingua 5B
Lingua 5B  Identity Verified
Bośnia i Hercegowina
Członek ProZ.com
od 2009

angielski > chorwacki
+ ...
Cold/hot coffee Jan 4

In summers I also let coffee cool down completely. In the winter, I like it hot, but as I sip slowly the consumption time is long and it can get cold, so I keep it in an insulated thermo mug.

Stron w wątku:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderatorzy tego forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: How many cups of coffee/tea (any beverages) do you have on a working day?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »