advice on master's degrees
Thread poster: palomafagil
Feb 25, 2011

Hi everyone,

My name is Paloma and I am from Spain. I'm thinking of doing a master's degree after summer, possibly in translation. The problem is that I want to find one which will give me opportunities to work abroad. Does anyone recommend me any of the following ones I mention below? Do you think it will help me to achieve my aim?

Máster en traducción médico-sanitaria (University Jaume I)

Máster en traducción institucional (University of Alicante)... See more
Hi everyone,

My name is Paloma and I am from Spain. I'm thinking of doing a master's degree after summer, possibly in translation. The problem is that I want to find one which will give me opportunities to work abroad. Does anyone recommend me any of the following ones I mention below? Do you think it will help me to achieve my aim?

Máster en traducción médico-sanitaria (University Jaume I)

Máster en traducción institucional (University of Alicante)

Máster en traducción de textos especializados (University of Saragossa)

Paloma.

[Edited at 2011-02-25 14:24 GMT]
Collapse

Parrot
Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 07:53
Spanish to English
+ ...
Hi Paloma, and welcome Feb 25, 2011

Just a word to tell you you can be contacted through your profile. That might be more secure in case you do not wish to leave your email address on public view. (You can edit your posts).

ATIL KAYHAN
ATIL KAYHAN  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 08:53
Member (2007)
Turkish to English
+ ...
USA Feb 25, 2011

Do you consider having your master's degree in the United States? This can give you the opportunities to work while you are studying. It will also be an experience you cannot gain anywhere else. You are probably aware that there are hundreds of schools over there. A web research can provide lots of information. You can also contact US embassy in your country for information.

Margreet Mohle
Margreet Mohle  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 01:53
Member (2010)
French to Dutch
+ ...
USA and work Feb 25, 2011

I'm not so sure that you could work while studying in the US. I did a MA in Canada, and could only work on campus with my student visa. I would travel back to Europe to take a summer job for 3 months during the summer, because I was not allowed to work in Canada. Also, tuition can be quite steep in North America, often with special (up to 3x higher) prices for foreign students.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Nawal Kramer[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

advice on master's degrees

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »