Jan Sundström
Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Suedia
Local time: 17:45
din engleză în suedeză
+ ...
Sep 11, 2008

Hi!

Whenever I make an advanced search, the resulting hits come in a very random and erratic order.

When I select "sort by relevancy", I always get some of the oldest hits first, not the most relevant.

Example:
I enter this query in the search box: "Convert .txt to .doc"

I KNOW that there is a topic thread with this exact subject line. Common sense would be that this thread comes up at the top of the list, since it's an exact match.
... See more
Hi!

Whenever I make an advanced search, the resulting hits come in a very random and erratic order.

When I select "sort by relevancy", I always get some of the oldest hits first, not the most relevant.

Example:
I enter this query in the search box: "Convert .txt to .doc"

I KNOW that there is a topic thread with this exact subject line. Common sense would be that this thread comes up at the top of the list, since it's an exact match.
But instead, there is some 20 more or less irrelevant posts from 2002-2005, before the best/most relevant hits are listed.

Since each word in the search query is also highlighted in green, it makes no sense at all that hits that don't display any of the query words come above other hits which contain many query words.

Are you awayre of this bug, and can anything be don about it?

In the meantime I have to resort to google site search, which is way better than Proz own function...
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Sort by relevancy buggy in Forum search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »