gianfranco
gianfranco  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 06:54
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
May 25, 2001

My language combination (English-Italian) is coded in two different ways.

1. En_It

2. Eng_Ita

This implies that I don\'t see messages, jobs and other parts of the site automatically.

I have to set the language pair, and then the two parts appear in the same list.

Also my Kudoz points are split in two parts (both for English>Italian).

I suspect the underlying reason is this double coding because some queries appe
... See more

1. En_It

2. Eng_Ita

This implies that I don\'t see messages, jobs and other parts of the site automatically.

I have to set the language pair, and then the two parts appear in the same list.

I suspect the underlying reason is this double coding because some queries appear as En_IT and others as Eng_Ita.

I suspect this is happening in other languages too.

Would be possible to merge the two codes in one format only? for example, 3 letter codes for all languages in the whole site?

Thanks

[ This Message was edited by: mancag on 2001-05-25 09:14 ]
Collapse

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 05:54
SITE FOUNDER
May 25, 2001

Quote:

On 2001-05-25 09:12, mancag wrote:

1. En_It

2. Eng_Ita

Also my Kudoz points are split in two parts (both for E... See more
Quote:

On 2001-05-25 09:12, mancag wrote:

1. En_It

2. Eng_Ita

I suspect the underlying reason is this double coding because some queries appear as En_IT and others as Eng_Ita.

Yes, this is a problem that resulted from our decision to change over to the latest ISO standard for language codes, which supports over 400 languages instead of the 143 languages supported in the two-letter standard.

We are in the process of porting the old data to the new encoding standard. For some time, you may notice some discrepancies as a result. Eventually, everything will be brought back together.

Thanks for your patience; I apologize for the inconvenience.

------

June 2: The problem is solved. ▲ Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Language codes

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »