Thread poster: Kay Fisher (X)
Kay Fisher (X)
Kay Fisher (X)
German to English
+ ...
Nov 14, 2002

Hi

I posted yesterday, I was logged in but

1) My data doesn\'t show up in the left column like everyone elses does.

2) When I click on edit, it says that only the moderator or poster can edit posts.

Am I missing something here or does the system think I\'m not logged in? Do I need a different log-in for the discussion boards?

And, I posted two replies to my thread yesterday but they haven\'
... See more
Hi

I posted yesterday, I was logged in but

1) My data doesn\'t show up in the left column like everyone elses does.

2) When I click on edit, it says that only the moderator or poster can edit posts.

Am I missing something here or does the system think I\'m not logged in? Do I need a different log-in for the discussion boards?

And, I posted two replies to my thread yesterday but they haven\'t showed up yet. Someone else\'s reply to the same thread was posted more than twelve hours later but has already shown up.

I know the forums are moderated, does this mean my posts weren\'t acceptable, or are some peoples posts not moderated?

I did look in the FAQ but I couldn\'t find the answers to my questions
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:14
English to German
+ ...
New profile? Nov 14, 2002

Hi Kay,

The forum threads are indeed moderated; if you set up your profile very recently, it might take a couple of days for your user name to show up.

That\'s also the reason why the forum doesn\'t \"recognise\" you - as soon as your profile has been verified, you\'ll be able to edit your own posts.

See the
... See more
Hi Kay,

The forum threads are indeed moderated; if you set up your profile very recently, it might take a couple of days for your user name to show up.

That\'s also the reason why the forum doesn\'t \"recognise\" you - as soon as your profile has been verified, you\'ll be able to edit your own posts.

See these threads:

www.proz.com/?sp=bb/viewtopic&topic=2981&forum=14&2

www.proz.com/?sp=bb/viewtopic&topic=2917&forum=14&9

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-11-14 18:16 ]
Collapse

Kay Fisher (X)
Kay Fisher (X)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Ralf Nov 14, 2002

If \"bew\" is two weeks ago, then this counts

I just wanted to confirm that my mail wasn\'t getting lost in the post so to speak, and didn\'t want to triplicate post just because I didn\'t see them.

Thanks

Kay

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

editing posts on the boards

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »