Caryl Swift
Caryl Swift  Identity Verified
Польша
Local time: 07:06
польский => английский
+ ...
Apr 18, 2009

Hi everyone,

I'm encountering a problem when I try to make an entry in the new discussion area and I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing, or has experienced, it.

The odd thing is, it only occurs where one or more entries have already been made. This is what happens:

1. I click < Discuss >;
2. The whole pages bobs gently up and down, like a swan on the Baltic;
3. The page ceases to bob gently and returns to its state of pre-bob serenity;... See more
Hi everyone,

I'm encountering a problem when I try to make an entry in the new discussion area and I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing, or has experienced, it.

The odd thing is, it only occurs where one or more entries have already been made. This is what happens:

1. I click < Discuss >;
2. The whole pages bobs gently up and down, like a swan on the Baltic;
3. The page ceases to bob gently and returns to its state of pre-bob serenity;
4. No 'Discussion entry' box appears.

But this ONLY happens on a question where there are already discussion entries. When there are no entries, I click and lo! and behold! up pops the box.

I'm using Deepnet Explorer and have been for about 18 months now. This is the first time I've encounterd any problems on ProZ.

I've submitted a support ticket, so I'm simply wondering if I'm alone or whether it's been happening to other people as well?

(If this is the wrong forum for the question, my apologies).

Best regards,
Caryl

[Edited at 2009-04-18 07:10 GMT]

[Edited at 2009-04-18 07:12 GMT]
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Польша
Член ProZ.com c 2002
английский => русский
+ ...

МОДЕРАТОР
ЛОКАЛИЗАТОР САЙТА
Hi Caryl Apr 18, 2009

I am moving the thread to the Technical support forum.

I can only add that though I don't experience major problems with using this field, the former 'ask the aser' function was much more convenient, without all these gentle bobs up and down.

Also, I personally find it very inconvenient that the notification option is OFF by default; there is no way of turning it ON without adding an entery. In my opinion, the default should be ON.

Natalia

... See more
I am moving the thread to the Technical support forum.

I can only add that though I don't experience major problems with using this field, the former 'ask the aser' function was much more convenient, without all these gentle bobs up and down.

Also, I personally find it very inconvenient that the notification option is OFF by default; there is no way of turning it ON without adding an entery. In my opinion, the default should be ON.

Natalia

[Edited at 2009-04-18 18:43 GMT]
Collapse

Trudy Peters
Trudy Peters  Identity Verified
США
Local time: 01:06
немецкий => английский
+ ...
Agree with Natalie Apr 18, 2009

I would prefer the discussion to take place in the former "ask the asker" section.

Trudy

Caryl Swift
Caryl Swift  Identity Verified
Польша
польский => английский
+ ...
Автор темы
Hi Natalia Apr 19, 2009

Yes, I too would rather it were ON. I guess the thing to do will be to post that on the forum dicussing the change?

Perhaps tomorrow, though?

Have a good Sunday!

My best wishes,
Caryl

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Модератор(ы) этого форума
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem making an entry in the new KudoZ discussion area

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »