Forum postings list in my own profile is incorrect? (Staff: not incorrect, incomplete. Fixed)
Téma indítója: Katalin Horváth McClure
Katalin Horváth McClure
Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
Egyesült Államok
Local time: 22:44
Tag (2002 óta)
angol - magyar
+ ...
Apr 24, 2009

In my own profile, there is a line for my Forum postings. It shows some 897 postings, which is probably true. When I click on it, a separate window opens, listing these postings - or at least that's what I expected to see. Instead, all I see is a few things, on top of the window a list of some topics I started, and below that is a list of postings, by each forum category.
I cannot figure out how the postings that are listed there are chosen. They are not the most recent ones I made, and t
... See more
In my own profile, there is a line for my Forum postings. It shows some 897 postings, which is probably true. When I click on it, a separate window opens, listing these postings - or at least that's what I expected to see. Instead, all I see is a few things, on top of the window a list of some topics I started, and below that is a list of postings, by each forum category.
I cannot figure out how the postings that are listed there are chosen. They are not the most recent ones I made, and they are not the complete list, and there is no way to page it, or anything. I am given this "sample", and I cannot go any further.
It is frustrating, as often times I would like to find a thread to point it out to somebody asking the same question, and I cannot find it. The forum search is not very helpful, especially if I do not remember which forum I posted, or even in which language. If I could see a list of all my postings, that would be very helpful. I guess I can accomplish that by using the Advanced forum search and search by my name, but I thought the Profile entry link was supposed to do that.

Could somebody explain how the list I am getting from my Profile ->Forum postings link should be interpreted, if what I am seeing is intentional?

Thanks
Katalin

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2009-04-24 12:16 GMT]

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2009-04-27 13:42 GMT]
Collapse

Narasimhan Raghavan
Narasimhan Raghavan  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:14
angol - tamil
+ ...
Az Ő emlékére:
To get at the complete list of your postings in chronologically descending order Apr 24, 2009

Please click the link on your Kudoz/browniz points shown alongside your user name at the top. To the left side of the page thus opened, you will see your contributions to Proz.com. Your forum postings have a hyperlink and on clicking tht you will get to see all the postings in many pages and in chronologically descending order.

Regards,
N. Raghavan

Nikki Graham
Nikki Graham  Identity Verified
Egyesült Királyság
Local time: 03:44
spanyol - angol
Cannot explain, but Apr 24, 2009

The incomplete list on my profile page of forum entries has frustrated me several times too. However, why not try "My ProZ.com" and then click on "My forum posts" in the drop down menu. It's difficult for me to see because the list is too long (Can it be cleaned up please?) as it's near the end.

I'm afraid I didn't quite understand Narasimhan's short-cut...

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 23:44
MUNKATÁRS
Thanks Katalin Apr 24, 2009

Hi all,

Thanks for pointing this out, Katalin. I think there is a fairly easy solution to this one, which would be sending you to the advanced search with your profile specified. This would also allow you to narrow your search and find a particular post more easily. Let me ask a developer to look into this and I'll post back.

Best regards,

Jared

Katalin Horváth McClure
Egyesült Államok
Tag (2002 óta)
angol - magyar
+ ...
TÉMAINDÍTÓ
OK, all of you are talking about the same thing Apr 24, 2009

Both Narashimhan and Nikki pointed to the same thing, just using different menus in ProZ. It is the Advanced Search option, which is what Jared is talking about.
I think it would be fairly easy to copy the same link into the profile page row, if that's what seems to be the solution. I just wanted to point out that the info displayed in the window that currently opens from profile link is different in the sense that it has a separate section showing topics I started, which is not something
... See more
Both Narashimhan and Nikki pointed to the same thing, just using different menus in ProZ. It is the Advanced Search option, which is what Jared is talking about.
I think it would be fairly easy to copy the same link into the profile page row, if that's what seems to be the solution. I just wanted to point out that the info displayed in the window that currently opens from profile link is different in the sense that it has a separate section showing topics I started, which is not something I can get with the Advanced Search.

By the way, why did the Forum Search menu item disappeared from the Community menu?
At least I think it used to be there, and I could get to the Advanced Search directly, now I have to go to Forums, and click on Advanced Search.

Katalin
Collapse

Yaotl Altan
Yaotl Altan  Identity Verified
Mexikó
Local time: 20:44
Tag (2006 óta)
angol - spanyol
+ ...
OK Apr 24, 2009

I have them chronologically sorted.

Katalin Horváth McClure
Egyesült Államok
Tag (2002 óta)
angol - magyar
+ ...
TÉMAINDÍTÓ
??? Apr 24, 2009

Yaotl Altan wrote:

I'm sorry, what are you talking about?

Yaotl Altan
Mexikó
Tag (2006 óta)
angol - spanyol
+ ...
Posts Apr 24, 2009

Katalin Horvath McClure wrote:

Yaotl Altan wrote:

The posts listed in "my forum posts" located in "My Profile".

Katalin Horváth McClure
Egyesült Államok
Tag (2002 óta)
angol - magyar
+ ...
TÉMAINDÍTÓ
Hmm... Apr 24, 2009

Yaotl Altan wrote:

Katalin Horvath McClure wrote:

Yaotl Altan wrote:

The posts listed in "my forum posts" located in "My Profile".

Are you talking about going to the "My ProZ.com" menu in the menubar that is across the top of the ProZ page, and then inside that pull-down menu you select "My forum posts' (second option from the bottom)?
If yes, that is not where the problem is.
That menu pulls up the Advanced Search form with your ID pasted in.

The problem I am talking about occurs when you open up your own profile
http://www.proz.com/profile/122987
open up Standardized information (if it is not opened) and go the the row "Forum posts".
Click on the link, you will see a different list. That's what the thread is about.

Katalin

Yaotl Altan
Mexikó
Tag (2006 óta)
angol - spanyol
+ ...
I see Apr 24, 2009

Yes, that list is incomplete, but it seems a little problem. I propose just a link to the advanced search section where posts are chronologically sorted. Jaled's solution is in the right path, otherwise, there's a duplicated function wherein one is useful and the other one is useless. Let's eliminate the useless one.

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 23:44
MUNKATÁRS
The "Forum posts" link in profiles now points to the advanced search form for forums Apr 27, 2009

Hi all,

The "Forum posts" link in profiles now points to the advanced search form for forums, with the profile number specified. Thanks again for pointing this out.

Best regards,

Jared

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Forum postings list in my own profile is incorrect? (Staff: not incorrect, incomplete. Fixed)

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »