How do I remove the "What am I working on now?" forum from my home page?
Thread poster: Robert Forstag
Robert Forstag
Robert Forstag  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:45
Spanish to English
+ ...
Aug 11, 2016

I have to say that, while I wish all my colleagues the very best, this new information is not particularly compelling to me, especially with the large accompanying photos.

How can I remove it from my home page?

writeaway
writeaway  Identity Verified
French to English
+ ...
Go to your homepage settings on your profile page Aug 11, 2016

Robert Forstag wrote:

I have to say that, while I wish all my colleagues the very best, this new information is not particularly compelling to me, especially with the large accompanying photos.

How can I remove it from my home page?

It's listed under 'general settings' and you can remove it from there. That's how I got rid of that blurb/blog. Imo, this is a great new option:
Select forums to be listed on the homepage
http://www.proz.com/dashboard/forum/?sp_forum_mode=homepage_forums

[Edited at 2016-08-12 09:03 GMT]

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 10:45
SITE STAFF
You can control homepage settings from the Settings tab of your profile Aug 11, 2016

Hi Robert,

You can control the main items that appear on your homepage (the position, whether they appear, how many items they show) from your profile, the Settings tab, "Site settings":

http://www.proz.com/profile?sp_mode=settings&sp_submode=general_settings

There is also a "Change the order of homepage items" link at the bot
... See more
Hi Robert,

You can control the main items that appear on your homepage (the position, whether they appear, how many items they show) from your profile, the Settings tab, "Site settings":

http://www.proz.com/profile?sp_mode=settings&sp_submode=general_settings

There is also a "Change the order of homepage items" link at the bottom of your homepage that will take you to the same settings. It would probably be better to change that to "Customize your homepage".

I've already hidden the "What I am working on now" box for you.

Jared
Collapse

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 10:45
SITE STAFF
Oops! Aug 11, 2016

Thanks writeaway, you beat me to it!

Jared

Sormane Gomes
Sormane Gomes
United States
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Same here. Aug 11, 2016

Robert Forstag wrote:

Same here. I was fine with it until the large images started showing up. The whole thing has a very Facebook-esque vibe and it takes up a lot of room on the front page (which forces more scrolling).

[Edited at 2016-08-12 00:27 GMT]

Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:45
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
To Jared Tabor Aug 12, 2016

Since this became a banner display at the top of the page, deselecting it from required forums has no effect. See the other discussion of this subject.
http://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_suggestions/305470-what_prozcom_translators_are_working_on_moved_to_top.html

DZiW (X)
DZiW (X)
Ukraine
English to Russian
+ ...
more flexible Aug 12, 2016

Some add-ons/plug-ins (say, AdBlocker, uBlock, and many others) could remove particular spots/frames/images/whatever on certain pages/sites--even as scheduled.

Very recommended when used wisely (although some sites still nag about it).

Robert Forstag
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you jared and writeaway Aug 12, 2016

-

Robert Forstag
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, very Facebookish Aug 12, 2016

Sormane Fitzgerald Gomes wrote:

Robert Forstag wrote:

Same here. I was fine with it until the large images started showing up. The whole thing has a very Facebook-esque vibe and it takes up a lot of room on the front page (which forces more scrolling).

[Edited at 2016-08-12 00:27 GMT]

All this is about as compelling as status updates about the latest TV program watched or meal consumed. I also think it gives the site a juvenile and amateurish feel.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I remove the "What am I working on now?" forum from my home page?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »