Thread poster: omacarreno
omacarreno
omacarreno  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:57
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 24, 2017

Why did I receive an email with private job posting saying "The outsourcer has chosen to make it accessible only to a specific list of eligible service providers, including you." However, when I click on the link I get a Pro-Z message that says I don't have access to the job. Thanks in advance for your help,

Olga

Elif Baykara Narbay
Elif Baykara Narbay  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 15:57
German to Turkish
+ ...
Did you check whether you are logged in or not? Jan 24, 2017

I had the same problem once and found out that I was not logged in to the site.

omacarreno wrote:

Why did I receive an email with private job posting saying "The outsourcer has chosen to make it accessible only to a specific list of eligible service providers, including you." However, when I click on the link I get a Pro-Z message that says I don't have access to the job. Thanks in advance for your help,

Olga

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 13:57
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Another reason Jan 25, 2017

I've had that message many times and it's often been because the job has been closed. I'm afraid it's sloppy programming/testing and this site is full of it. It really can't be difficult to tailor the message to the actual cause. It certainly wasn't when I was programming 40 years ago.

omacarreno
omacarreno  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:57
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jan 25, 2017

Thank you both for your feed back. I was logged in. I think Sheila is right and the job was closed.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Private job posting

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »