Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4] >
Missing email notifications (Staff: Fixed)
Thread poster: Anna Sarah Krämer
Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule
expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Local time: 00:21
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
No, it's not fixed at all! Dec 11, 2023

Apart from the fact that I'm still not receiving any interaction from my colleagues at Kudoz, I've noticed lately that I'm not receiving certain jobs that would be interesting and important to me.
For example, I received this job only this morning and it wasn't on the job board when I checked it:

https://www.proz.com/job/2058524: "English to European Portuguese translator needed" This
... See more
Apart from the fact that I'm still not receiving any interaction from my colleagues at Kudoz, I've noticed lately that I'm not receiving certain jobs that would be interesting and important to me.
For example, I received this job only this morning and it wasn't on the job board when I checked it:

https://www.proz.com/job/2058524: "English to European Portuguese translator needed" This job was closed without the chance to contact the agency...

By checking that list, I also notice that I haven't received this one:

https://www.proz.com/translation-jobs/2058862: "English to German, Italian, Dutch, Spanish and Portuguese"

I wonder if this is a way to treat a translator and a paying member (not that paying members deserve VIP treatment. Here, for me, we're all the same).
It's a shame what you're doing to us!
Not only are you harming translators' use of the website, but you are now also preventing them from being able to work with potential clients.
So, no, it's not fixed at all!
Collapse

Barbara Carrara
Thomas T. Frost
Angie Garbarino
Michele Fauble

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
And it continues... Dec 11, 2023

all the jobs that I don't see on the job board posted last Friday, I didn't receive them. One more:

https://www.proz.com/job/2058611

My subscription ends in February next year... Probably I will not renew it and I am considering cancelling my account here too.
It's not acceptable for bugs or errors to take years and months to fix... It's not acceptable for a translator to
... See more
all the jobs that I don't see on the job board posted last Friday, I didn't receive them. One more:

https://www.proz.com/job/2058611

My subscription ends in February next year... Probably I will not renew it and I am considering cancelling my account here too.
It's not acceptable for bugs or errors to take years and months to fix... It's not acceptable for a translator to suffer as a result of that.
I'm being treated like if I was a guest visitor or a non-paying member, to not say something else...
Collapse

Barbara Carrara
Thomas T. Frost
Angie Garbarino
Michele Fauble

Zea_Mays
Zea_Mays  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 01:21
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
Bug not fixed Dec 11, 2023

I just got 10 notifications today for job postings with publishing dates that go back until 27th of November...

expressisverbis
Barbara Carrara
Thomas T. Frost

Zea_Mays
Italy
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
Profiles take an eternity to load = clients can't contact you Dec 11, 2023

Profile pages take up to 10 minutes (!!!) to load completely (highest speed: 3 minutes!), and while not loaded completely,
it is not possible to click on the "Contact" tab or any other tab (tested this in a private window).
This means that clients visiting a member's page are not able to contact them!
They surely won't wait 10 minutes until the page loaded.

[Bearbeitet am 2023-12-11 09:53 GMT]

expressisverbis
Christel Zipfel
Thomas T. Frost
Angie Garbarino
Michele Fauble

Yana Dovgopol
Yana Dovgopol
Local time: 02:21
SITE STAFF
I have referred your comments to the development factory Dec 11, 2023

Hello everyone,

I am afraid site maintenance is still ongoing. It is a big project that requires time and therefore may cause different issues.

I have referred your comments to the development factory. I do understand your concern, however, I also appreciate your patience and understanding. Changes applied are for the good of the site and ProZ.com members once the project is finished.

expressisverbis wrote:

No, it's not fixed at all!

The issue with some KudoZ notifications is still active and is under checking by the development factory. In regards to jobs, please post your examples to the ticket to have the examples checked on a case-by-case basis.

Thanks again for your patience and understanding.

Bests,
Yana

expressisverbis

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Done Dec 11, 2023

Yana Dovgopol wrote:

In regards to jobs, please post your examples to the ticket to have the examples checked on a case-by-case basis.

Yana

It's done. Thanks.

Yana Dovgopol

Zea_Mays
Italy
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
@Yana Dec 11, 2023

How will prehistorical loading times of profile pages be addressed?
This is a serious issue as it prevents potential clients from contacting us.
Btw, I already reported this bug in the past.

Thank you for letting us know details on this.

[Bearbeitet am 2023-12-11 11:42 GMT]

expressisverbis

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
There we go again... Dec 12, 2023

We are viewing the same Featured Translator since yesterday...

expressisverbis

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Danish to English
+ ...
And forum notification delays Dec 12, 2023

Yesterday at 3.22 p.m. GMT, I received the notification that https://www.proz.com/topic/364814 had been created. The topic was created on 25 November.

Can support not pick up the reports here in this topic or is that too much of a challenge?

Maybe paying members would appreciate a bit more transparency on what exactly is going on, other than just 'big project'. Email notificati
... See more
Yesterday at 3.22 p.m. GMT, I received the notification that https://www.proz.com/topic/364814 had been created. The topic was created on 25 November.

Can support not pick up the reports here in this topic or is that too much of a challenge?

Maybe paying members would appreciate a bit more transparency on what exactly is going on, other than just 'big project'. Email notifications had generally been working in the past, so why is everything suddenly falling apart? Did Proz migrate to new software that isn't working?
Collapse

Zea_Mays
Lieven Malaise
expressisverbis
Michele Fauble

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
My impressions Dec 12, 2023

I've detected something that I don't know if it's new or not for all of you.
But in the old interface I could see all the jobs today, while in the new interface I can't see the last two jobs that were posted.
If most of the technical problems are due to the transition from an old to a new interface, then I would be in favour of keeping the old one, so that all members can enjoy the site and its features as before.
I don't think I've ever seen certain things happen on this forum
... See more
I've detected something that I don't know if it's new or not for all of you.
But in the old interface I could see all the jobs today, while in the new interface I can't see the last two jobs that were posted.
If most of the technical problems are due to the transition from an old to a new interface, then I would be in favour of keeping the old one, so that all members can enjoy the site and its features as before.
I don't think I've ever seen certain things happen on this forum as I have seen this year in particular... which really saddens me.
There are situations that are regrettable and inappropriate for a professional site, ranging from the most technical to the most personal issues.
It would be great if we could all come back to a healthy, convivial atmosphere and have all these "bugs" resolved once and for all.
Also, it would be important for us to maintain an open dialogue where we can express our thoughts and ideas without fear, fostering an environment where diverse opinions are respected.
So, please let's fix these technical problems and also build constructive feedbacks, ensuring that our conversations remain respectful and focused on the exchange of ideas, help, advice, and some healthy fun too.
Collapse

Thomas T. Frost
Zea_Mays
Michele Fauble

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule
Barbara Carrara
Barbara Carrara  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2008)
English to Italian
+ ...
Much longer than one day Dec 12, 2023

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida wrote:
We are viewing the same Featured Translator since yesterday...

Teresa, this same Featured translator (initials A.O.) has been on since Friday 8 December, when I re-opened a support ticket reporting the earlier featured-translator 'hiccup' (the one that was reported as fixed). Unsurprisingly, I haven't heard back yet.

Update (sort of): Support wrote back late on 12 Dec. 2023 saying that they are 'aware that the issue with Feature [sic] Translator is active again. The development factory is working to have this solved', and that they 'also know of issues with some KudoZ email notifications and it is on the priority list of the development team', to then end the message with 'Once we have any further news we will let you know'.

I wonder what sort of 'engagement' professionals might enjoy during their fifteen-minute slot. On average, how many views might they get? Just a few, I'd say.
I don't even remember when I was last up there (well over five years, I should think), but I certainly did not get more clients while being showcased, especially if picked over a weekend.
Time to let that feature go?

[Edited at 2023-12-13 06:50 GMT]

expressisverbis
Zea_Mays
Anna Sarah Krämer

Zea_Mays
Italy
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
Delayed job notifications again Dec 13, 2023

Today I found late notifications in my inbox again, some of them had been already closed.
Most of them seem to have been posted yesterday.

expressisverbis

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
A new bug! Dec 13, 2023

Today is the Quick Poll! What's going on? There's a different bug everyday...

expressisverbis

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Missing email notifications (Staff: Fixed)

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »