Patricia Rosas
Patricia Rosas  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:13
Spanish to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Mar 19, 2009

I'm working on a manuscript, and I've been asked to remove all the hyperlinks. However, when I go to Tools-->AutoCorrect Options-->AutoFormat as you type, the box for autocorrecting links to hypertext is not checked.

I've tried several other things, like pasting non-hypertext formatting over the link. The blue vanishes, but the link is still active.

Does anyone know how to turn this dad-blasted stuff off? I searched Word help, but to no avail...

Thanks,... See more
I'm working on a manuscript, and I've been asked to remove all the hyperlinks. However, when I go to Tools-->AutoCorrect Options-->AutoFormat as you type, the box for autocorrecting links to hypertext is not checked.

I've tried several other things, like pasting non-hypertext formatting over the link. The blue vanishes, but the link is still active.

Does anyone know how to turn this dad-blasted stuff off? I searched Word help, but to no avail...

Thanks,
Patricia
Collapse

Boyan Brezinsky
Boyan Brezinsky  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 00:13
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
Maybe this will help Mar 19, 2009

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/291182

Pere Ferrés Gurt
Pere Ferrés Gurt  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 23:13
English to Spanish
+ ...
Very simple Mar 19, 2009

You just have to right-click on the hyperlink and then, on the pop-up menu that appears, select de option to erase the hyperlink.

I have the Spanish version of Office and the name of the option is "Quitar hipervínculo". I do not know what it is called in English, but sure you will see it...

Best

Pere

Karen Stokes
Karen Stokes  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:13
Member (2003)
French to English
Remove hyperlink Mar 19, 2009

It's "Remove hyperlink" in English.

Best,

Karen

Pere Ferrés Gurt wrote:

You just have to right-click on the hyperlink and then, on the pop-up menu that appears, select de option to erase the hyperlink.

I have the Spanish version of Office and the name of the option is "Quitar hipervínculo". I do not know what it is called in English, but sure you will see it...

Best

Pere

P Forgas
P Forgas  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 18:13
Portuguese to Spanish
+ ...
ctrl+shift+F9 Mar 19, 2009

You can try this: ctrl A (select all) then, ctrl+shift+F9 to remove all hyperlinks

P.

Patricia Rosas
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
thanks, everyone! Mar 19, 2009

P Forgas wrote:

You can try this: ctrl A (select all) then, ctrl+shift+F9 to remove all hyperlinks

P.

I couldn't get the other suggestions to work (I'm running Word 2003), but this worked.

THANKS, EVERYONE, FOR THE HELP!!!!!

Nesrin
Nesrin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:13
English to Arabic
+ ...
Thank you so much!! Mar 20, 2009

P Forgas wrote:

P.

This is so helpful! I often have cases where I need to get rid of dozens of hyperlinks, and have always deactivated them one by one with the right mouse button. This shortcut will make things so much easier!

Patricia Rosas
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
Aren't the ProZ fora wonderful! Mar 20, 2009

Nesrin wrote:

P Forgas wrote:

P.

This is so helpful! I often have cases where I need to get rid of dozens of hyperlinks, and have always deactivated them one by one with the right mouse button. This shortcut will make things so much easier!

It never ceases to amaze me how much I learn from reading different posts!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MS Word: How to turn off hyperlinks?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »