This site uses cookies.
Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
For more information, please see the ProZ.com privacy policy.
VIA AILooking for an interpreter?
Remoto by ProZ.com connects you with an identity-verified interpreter by video or phone in about 60 seconds — 300+ languages, on demand or booked ahead.
Try Remoto »
The contents of this post will automatically be included in the ticket generated. Please add any additional comments or explanation (optional)
Christine Andersen Denmark Local time: 13:04 Member (2003) Danish to English + ...
Other - NONE
09:20
While I admit that AI can be useful in many situations, I prefer to do without it myself.
I avoid the AI-generated summary on Google searches and go to a human-generated source.
Wikipedia does not allow AI-generated content, but AI content may originate from there. I want to know, if possible where the information actually comes from.
You never know how much AI has garbled or hallucinated. You may be able to trust it, of course, while humans are prone to mistakes ... See more
While I admit that AI can be useful in many situations, I prefer to do without it myself.
I avoid the AI-generated summary on Google searches and go to a human-generated source.
Wikipedia does not allow AI-generated content, but AI content may originate from there. I want to know, if possible where the information actually comes from.
You never know how much AI has garbled or hallucinated. You may be able to trust it, of course, while humans are prone to mistakes and misunderstandings, so AI kan find plenty to pass on. I want to judge for myself, if I can!
From there, I formulate my own opinions - then I really have to work them out and stand by them, instead of adopting a phrase that sounds good, but does it really say what I mean?
AI is not actually more intelligent than a picture of Stephen Hawking or Albert Einstein or [insert your own suggestion here]. It is just a collection of algorithms, bits and bytes.
Apart from that, AI uses enormous amounts of scarce resources - power, cooling water and web capacity. I believe it should be used carefully, when it serves a purpose, not thrown at everyone, whether they want it or not. I do not need AI and do not know what to do with it, so I leave it for those who can use it wisely. ▲ Collapse
expressisverbis
Aisha Maniar
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Subject:
Comment:
The contents of this post will automatically be included in the ticket generated. Please add any additional comments or explanation (optional)
Lieven Malaise Belgium Local time: 13:04 Member (2020) French to Dutch + ...
Affirmative
09:29
Have a DeepL subscription. Very useful. Not sure interesting question. Will see. Depend on answers. Got to go now. Work to do. Bye. Later.
Chris Spurgin
Christine Andersen
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Subject:
Comment:
The contents of this post will automatically be included in the ticket generated. Please add any additional comments or explanation (optional)
M. Anna Kańduła United Kingdom Local time: 12:04 English to Polish
Other - No
10:09
Where is a clear answer "I don't have any" instead of choices which one I have. "Other" can mean "I subscribe to something not listed".
Also, a typo: "suscription".
[Edited at 2026-10-02 10:09 GMT]
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Subject:
Comment:
The contents of this post will automatically be included in the ticket generated. Please add any additional comments or explanation (optional)
No! I don't know what that is. I'll ignore the typo! Anyway, I'm subscribed to DeepL Pro. I used ChatGPT only once out of curiosity and the results made me run away from it as fast as I could...
Subject:
Comment:
The contents of this post will automatically be included in the ticket generated. Please add any additional comments or explanation (optional)
Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users!
Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!
The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.