mutarjem
mutarjem  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:13
English to Arabic
+ ...
Jul 25, 2010

Subject: 15038 Certification for Arab Translators and Interpreters everywhere

Dear Arabic translators and interpreters,

I hope you are all doing fine. I have some good news for you.

I became a Lead Auditor for the EN 15038 and ISO 19011 (Observer Status), and I am authorized now to recommend you for obtaining the certificate after meeting the criteria and conducting the audit. Therefore, if you are interested in obtaining the certification, we can go throug
... See more
Subject: 15038 Certification for Arab Translators and Interpreters everywhere

Dear Arabic translators and interpreters,

I hope you are all doing fine. I have some good news for you.

I became a Lead Auditor for the EN 15038 and ISO 19011 (Observer Status), and I am authorized now to recommend you for obtaining the certificate after meeting the criteria and conducting the audit. Therefore, if you are interested in obtaining the certification, we can go through the procedures together and get things started.

The steps refer only to individuals precisely are:

sending the completed application form and accepting the terms & conditions of the Austrian Standards Institution (all steps are here explained again)
payment
documentation check including test (as arranged)
arranging the audit
conducting the audit
sending audit report with the audit recommendation
final decision of the Austrian Standards Institution
issuing the certificate

We shall send the certification scheme along with all related and needed documents.

You can also visit the below link for all the information you need to know about the 15038 certification.

http://en15038.blogspot.com/

Pleaes feel free to contact me directly at:
[email protected]

Sameh Ragab

[Edited at 2010-07-25 15:45 GMT]

[Edited at 2010-07-26 05:23 GMT]

[Edited at 2010-07-26 09:36 GMT]
Collapse

Waleed Mohamed
Waleed Mohamed  Identity Verified
United Arab Emirates
Local time: 00:13
English to Arabic
+ ...
الرسوم Jul 25, 2010

هلا سامح

كم تبلغ الرسوم الخاصة باعتماد المترجم التحريري لو سمحت؟

شكرا جزيلا

وليد

Chakir Mahjo (X)
Chakir Mahjo (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:13
English to Arabic
+ ...
Certification Jul 25, 2010

Dear Sameh,

I need to know if it is possible to have an online examination for this certificate and how much it costs

Regards

[Edited at 2010-07-25 16:14 GMT]

mutarjem
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
process and fees, 15038 certificate Jul 25, 2010

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry. All fees are decided by the Austrian Standards Institution:

The cost of the initial audit is currently a discounted fee of 260 EUR. The certificate is valid for 3 years. However, The validity of this certificate is maintained by means of surveillance audits on a 1-year cycle (fees EUR 180.00).

You can indeed see all informatio
... See more
Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry. All fees are decided by the Austrian Standards Institution:

The cost of the initial audit is currently a discounted fee of 260 EUR. The certificate is valid for 3 years. However, The validity of this certificate is maintained by means of surveillance audits on a 1-year cycle (fees EUR 180.00).

You can indeed see all information on

So to sum it up:

Certification fees: Initial Certification Audit/First year: EUR 260 / Yearly Re-Audit for 2nd and 3ed years: EUR 180.00. Certificate is valid for 3 years; afterwards we start again with an initial audit and so on.

Attached a sample of your future certificate
All certificate holders are listed in our following databases:
http://www.lics-certification.org/
http://www.on-norm.at/zert_dyn/zert_search.jsp?scriteria=EN%2015038&bnsubmit=Suche%20starten

After sending the application form and paying the fees we start with the certification process, which can last from 1 week to 1 month depending on your documentation. You will get the original texts of the standard EN 15038 free of charge (value: EUR 68,00).

There will of course be a test as well for the Austrian Standards Institution Auditors to make sure you meet the expected level.

Please email me directly, should you all need to start the process.

All the best.

Sameh Ragab
Collapse

mutarjem
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
15038 Certification for Translators and Interpreters everywhere Jul 26, 2010

Thanks for your post.

There is a test after you meet the conditions and criteria defined, so that is the last step in the process. Please check the certificate blog for all details.

All the best.

Please note that the certificate can be awarded to all translators in all languages, so not only Arab translators and interpreters can apply, as actually this is applicable to all translators and interpreters worldwide.

Thanks.

Sameh
... See more
Thanks for your post.

There is a test after you meet the conditions and criteria defined, so that is the last step in the process. Please check the certificate blog for all details.

All the best.

Please note that the certificate can be awarded to all translators in all languages, so not only Arab translators and interpreters can apply, as actually this is applicable to all translators and interpreters worldwide.

Thanks.

Sameh

[Edited at 2010-07-26 18:28 GMT]
Collapse

Ali Alsaqqa
Ali Alsaqqa  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:13
English to Arabic
PRO Sep 5, 2010

Hi

Isn't the "PRO" program here at PROZ.COM equivalent to EN 15038 ???

mutarjem
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Totally different thing Sep 5, 2010

I am afraid this is a totally different certification.

Please see more details at the Blog site.

All the best.

Sameh Ragab

TargamaT team
TargamaT team  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 22:13
Member (2010)
English to Arabic
+ ...
To Chakir Sep 7, 2010

Dear Chakir,

As you are in the UK, you may be interested to do the BS En 15038 as I did in Switzerland with Swiss Certification Authority... I can provide you some files regarding this certif. in order to assess how it is useful (or not) to you activity...

All the best.

Oussama

Ali Alsaqqa
Ali Alsaqqa  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:13
English to Arabic
Usefull ?? Sep 7, 2010

TargamaT wrote:

Dear Chakir,

As you are in the UK, you may be interested to do the BS En 15038 as I did in Switzerland with Swiss Certification Authority... I can provide you some files regarding this certif. in order to assess how it is useful (or not) to you activity...

All the best.

Oussama

We would be grateful if you told us about your impression after
being certified. Do you recommend this certificate ? Does it worth
the money (especially for someone who needs to travel to Egypt
in order to get it).

Regards,

Ali Al-Saqqa

mutarjem
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Very useful Sep 7, 2010

Well, of course it is my friends. You get certified according to an international very well esteemed organization and European Norms which are indeed strict.

Some benefits you can find under http://www.lics-certification.org/tsp/benefits/index.php
Many clients wr
... See more
Well, of course it is my friends. You get certified according to an international very well esteemed organization and European Norms which are indeed strict.

Some benefits you can find under http://www.lics-certification.org/tsp/benefits/index.php
Many clients wrote under http://www.en15038.blogspot.com/ about their impression

My main impression as an auditor is that people who like systematical way of work appreciate the main thoughts of EN 15038:

Documented qualification
Description of working procedures
Provably revising of each translation by a second translator
Documentation of all needed processes (not forcing on paper)
A clear and regulated client-translator relationship
The standard is also to be a guideline for clients, not only for translator

Well, it is really worth it.

Sameh Ragab
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

15038 Certification for Arab Translators and Interpreters everywhere

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »