Thread poster: Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 04:51
Spanish
+ ...
Dec 8, 2002

Hello, I have Windows XP and I still cannot get Kudoz.net to run. I keep getting the same message: Kudoz.net has encountered a problem and needs to close....

Is there anything I can do to make it work?

Thank you,

Claudia

ALAIN COTE (X)
ALAIN COTE (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:51
Japanese to French
Similar problem Dec 9, 2002

The program downloads all the questions, but at the end of the procedure I get an error message : The kudoZ action has failed. The ProZ.com server has sent an error message : \"fu\" (note for Henry : this \"fu\" is in Japanese hiragana, not in romaji... I use the French Windows XP, with global IME for Japanese).

When I use Internet Explorer as platform to send data, I get the following error message instead : XML error ! Unexpected end of input. Please try again !

Geneviève von Levetzow
Geneviève von Levetzow  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:51
French to German
+ ...
No problem... Dec 9, 2002

XP too, the German version. KudoZ.NET is running.

ALAIN COTE (X)
Japanese to French
Same thing in XP, Japanese version Dec 9, 2002

I get the same error messages in the Japanese version of Windows XP. I also noticed that I cannot insert any space in \"General user settings... User name\". So instead of ALAIN COTE, my username becomes ALAINCOTE.

I wrote my full name in Word with a space between ALAIN and COTE, and pasted it in KudoZ.net. ... But nothing changed, I still get the same error message. ???

Donglai Lou (X)
Donglai Lou (X)  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 17:51
English to Chinese
+ ...
same message in windows 2000 chinese edition. Dec 9, 2002

I ran into the same problem after installing the downloaded application.

CHENOUMI (X)
CHENOUMI (X)  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Experiencing similar problem... Dec 9, 2002

I have downloaded KudoZ.net and saved it in my Program Files on my desktop computer running on Windows 98.

I don\'t see it.

I was going to download it on my laptop which runs on XP. Since Alain seems to also have problems, I am hesitant to try...

Henry, please tell us what to do and where to download.

THANKS

Sandra

ALAIN COTE (X)
Japanese to French
For Chenoumi Dec 9, 2002

In my case, the name of the file was not Kudoz.Net, but \"Downloadable\"...

HTH

Alain

Andrei Albu
Andrei Albu
Romania
Local time: 12:51
Member (2002)
English to Romanian
+ ...
Mine doesn't work either Dec 9, 2002

It keeps on telling me that you need to be Platinum in order to download questions and/or answers. As if I were not... Any ideas as to how to solve this problem will be welcome!

Andrei

Hermann Bruns
Hermann Bruns  Identity Verified
English to German
Platinum member error Dec 9, 2002

Hello Andrei,

probably, you can solve the Platinum member error very easily. Please do to tab \"Settings\" and click the button \"Check for latest version\" (instead, you can also download questions). When you have done this, the program will \"know\" that you are a Platinum member.

Please let me know if this does not help.

Thanks

Hermann

Hermann Bruns
English to German
Installation problems Dec 9, 2002

Hello Claudia,

you have an installation problem. There are some systems which cause troubles. I will contact you directly to solve the problem.

Best regards

Hermann

Hermann Bruns
English to German
space bug - "fu" error Dec 9, 2002

Hello Alain,

you have found two different bugs (which are not related to Claudia\'s installation problem).

(1) That you cannot enter a space (except when you move the cursor to a location between to characters) is a little bug. It will be fixed in the next version. This bug is not critical, because the name entered does not have any impact on the connection.

(2) The \"fu\" error seems to be a real bug. (Was \"fu\" the complete error
... See more
Hello Alain,

you have found two different bugs (which are not related to Claudia\'s installation problem).

(1) That you cannot enter a space (except when you move the cursor to a location between to characters) is a little bug. It will be fixed in the next version. This bug is not critical, because the name entered does not have any impact on the connection.

(2) The \"fu\" error seems to be a real bug. (Was \"fu\" the complete error message?) I will try to solve it as soon as possible. By using the Internet Explorer as the connection platform you cannot solve it. Please use the Winsock platform if it works for other connections.

Best regards

Hermann Bruns
Collapse

Hermann Bruns
English to German
Where to find the installation file Dec 9, 2002

Hello Sandra,

please go to the download page for the KudoZ.NET tool, or use this link to download the FullInstall version: http://www.proz.com/xml/programs/KudoZnet_FullInstall.exe

Please remember the directory where you save the file. Then go to this directory in the Windows Explorer and double click the file \"KudoZnet_FullInstall.exe\" to install the
... See more
Hello Sandra,

please go to the download page for the KudoZ.NET tool, or use this link to download the FullInstall version: http://www.proz.com/xml/programs/KudoZnet_FullInstall.exe

Please remember the directory where you save the file. Then go to this directory in the Windows Explorer and double click the file \"KudoZnet_FullInstall.exe\" to install the program.

You can safely install the program. Unlike Claudia\'s, Alain\'s problems are not related to the installation. Anyway, if the installation fails you can simply uninstall the KudoZ.NET program like any other.

Best regards

Hermann

Collapse

Hermann Bruns
English to German
"same" problem Dec 9, 2002

Hello Donglai,

you have reported that you have the \"same\" problem. Which problem do you mean: Does KudoZ.NET not install correctly (as in Claudia\'s case), or did you find bugs (as in Alain\'s case)?

Best regards

Hermann

Andrei Albu
Andrei Albu
Romania
Local time: 12:51
Member (2002)
English to Romanian
+ ...
Still does not work Dec 9, 2002

Hello Hermann,

It still won\'t work. I get a connection error message reply when trying to verify the latest version. That I don\'t understand, as I am well connected right now when sending this message. Any other ideas?

Thanks for your help,

Andrei

Quote:

On 2002-12-09 10:25, bruns wrote:

Hello Andrei,

probably, you can solve the Platinum member error very easily. Please... See more
Hello Hermann,

It still won\'t work. I get a connection error message reply when trying to verify the latest version. That I don\'t understand, as I am well connected right now when sending this message. Any other ideas?

Thanks for your help,

Andrei

Quote:

On 2002-12-09 10:25, bruns wrote:

Hello Andrei,

probably, you can solve the Platinum member error very easily. Please do to tab \"Settings\" and click the button \"Check for latest version\" (instead, you can also download questions). When you have done this, the program will \"know\" that you are a Platinum member.

Please let me know if this does not help.

Thanks

Hermann

Collapse

Hermann Bruns
English to German
Connection error Dec 9, 2002

Hello Andrei,

when there is a connection error you have to try again. Connection problems can have many causes: The ProZ.com server might be exremely busy; the internet connection might be very slow; your ISP might have problems; your connection to the ISP might be bad at times.

Currently, I have not problems to connect to the ProZ.com servers. So, ProZ.com seems to be in order.

Best regards

Hermann

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error: \'KudoZ.NET has encountered a problem and needs to close\'

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »