Tamer Mekhimar  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 21:31
Member (2009)
English to Arabic
+ ...
May 12, 2009

Hello;
I have QuarkXpress files need to be copied to MS publisher, are there any tools to do that?
Thanks in advance.

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 20:31
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
You mean converted? May 12, 2009

Tamer Mekhimar wrote:
I have QuarkXpress files need to be copied to MS publisher, are there any tools to do that?

You mean, you want it converted from Quark to Publisher? I doubt very much if such a tool exists. DTP tools are notorious for not supporting each other's formats. Your best bet may be a night-long copy/paste job.

Tamer Mekhimar
Egypt
Member (2009)
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Copy and paste May 12, 2009

Yes that is exactly what I meant. Okay, right for now I will do it manually but I am facing problems in pictures and autoshape format, would you please help?
Thanks in advance.

Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 13:31
Spanish
+ ...
That can take some time May 12, 2009

Reproducing layouts from one format to another can take a while. QuarkXPress is a much more powerful tool than MS Publisher, so some of the Quark elements would have to be tweaked and simplified for MS Publisher. If you don't know how to do it yourself, you could hire a DTP editor, just make sure your client is paying for it. DTP editing is not part of the translation--usually QuarkXPress, InDesign, etc, translations pay more per word because there's always some minor DTP editing involved, but h... See more
Reproducing layouts from one format to another can take a while. QuarkXPress is a much more powerful tool than MS Publisher, so some of the Quark elements would have to be tweaked and simplified for MS Publisher. If you don't know how to do it yourself, you could hire a DTP editor, just make sure your client is paying for it. DTP editing is not part of the translation--usually QuarkXPress, InDesign, etc, translations pay more per word because there's always some minor DTP editing involved, but heavy editing should be charged separately.

Good luck,

Claudia
Collapse

Tamer Mekhimar
Egypt
Member (2009)
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you May 12, 2009

Thank you all, I handle it. I mainly was looking for a helping tool instead of copying and past.
Again thank you so very much.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Quark files to MS publisher

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »