Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 14:29
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Apr 7, 2006

G'day everyone

Yes, I know LocStudio isn't publically available, but here's my dilemma: A regular client of mine has asked me as one of their more computer literate clients to try out LocStudio, see how it works, etc, so that I may be able to give some support to their other, less computer literate translators who will eventually use LocStudio.

The client sent me a CD-ROM, and all the files are fine except for a CRC error on the CD at the file projectloc.exe. This fil
... See more
G'day everyone

Yes, I know LocStudio isn't publically available, but here's my dilemma: A regular client of mine has asked me as one of their more computer literate clients to try out LocStudio, see how it works, etc, so that I may be able to give some support to their other, less computer literate translators who will eventually use LocStudio.

The client sent me a CD-ROM, and all the files are fine except for a CRC error on the CD at the file projectloc.exe. This file is about 40 MB large. The LocStudio issue isn't urgent for the client, and so the client is rather unresponsive at the moment to my requests to resend that one file via FTP or similar.

I'd really like to try out LocStudio (I even have the help file for it), but I need that one file. Where else can I ask for it, do you think?

Thanks in advance
Samuel
Private replies also accepted
Collapse

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 14:29
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for all the private replies Apr 7, 2006

Samuel Murray wrote:
The client sent me a CD-ROM, and all the files are fine except for a CRC error on the CD at the file projectloc.exe. This file is about 40 MB large.

Thanks for all the private replies. It turns out that projectloc.exe isn't part of LocStudio after all. It might be part of some application which is sometimes shipped along with LocStudio, but it doesn't form part of LocStudio itself. I have LocStudio (both 4.6 and 4.71) and I also have the correct version of DotNet (some inhouse beta of 2.0, it seems). Thanks again.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Where can I get LocStudio 4.71?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »