Can you get MemoQ to color code shared TM translation results to show what YOU used?
Thread poster: Adieu
Adieu
Adieu  Identity Verified
Ukrainian to English
+ ...
Nov 16, 2021

I've recently been working on projects that force me to use TMs with a lot of junk matches from other people and often 3-5 matches showing 99%-101%.

Is there some way to make my own TM entries highly visible? Thx.

Yaotl Altan

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 02:29
Danish to English
+ ...
User Nov 16, 2021

It usually shows the name of the user that created the entry in the lower right pane. Isn't that good enough?

Adieu
Adieu  Identity Verified
Ukrainian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It's barely visible and out of the way Nov 16, 2021

Also, it only shows up when you click on a match. If my own matches were bright magenta or something instead, that would pop a lot more.

Besides, this client's setup uses anonymous sequential numbers for usernames (or is that just how CAL licenses work?).

Any way to make it bigger or more obvious?

Thomas T. Frost wrote:

It usually shows the name of the user that created the entry in the lower right pane. Isn't that good enough?

[Edited at 2021-11-16 21:13 GMT]

[Edited at 2021-11-16 21:27 GMT]

Yaotl Altan

Tomasz Sienicki
Tomasz Sienicki  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 03:29
Member (2007)
Danish to Polish
+ ...
Penalties Nov 16, 2021

Try applying penalties to particular user names or TMs.

See: https://docs.memoq.com/current/en/Places/edit-tm-settings.html

Adieu
Adieu  Identity Verified
Ukrainian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not sure I can? Nov 17, 2021

Either I am doing something wrong or my PMs can and do lock me out of those settings.

Is that a thing they can do on server-based projects?

Robert Schünemann
Robert Schünemann
Germany
Colour coding of TMs Nov 18, 2021

That's actually a very interesting topic and we as agency already sent a ticket to memoQ a few years ago about a very similar issue regarding the colour coding.
Our inquiry was about colour coding of different TMs (e.g., when 3 or 4 TMs are attached to the same project), but didn't receive a proper reply.

As for your specific issue, assigning penalties is the only suggestion that comes to my mind. It's in the main memoQ settings and not related to individual projects. I'm not
... See more
That's actually a very interesting topic and we as agency already sent a ticket to memoQ a few years ago about a very similar issue regarding the colour coding.
Our inquiry was about colour coding of different TMs (e.g., when 3 or 4 TMs are attached to the same project), but didn't receive a proper reply.

As for your specific issue, assigning penalties is the only suggestion that comes to my mind. It's in the main memoQ settings and not related to individual projects. I'm not sure if it's possible to edit such default settings without a Project Manager licence, though.
The CAL licenses/user names are created individually by each agency. Some use language pair_name abbreviation, others might use simply numbers from their PM system. There is not a lot you can do about it, I'm afraid.
Collapse

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:29
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
memoQ Users' Idea Portal Nov 18, 2021

Add it as an idea over @ https://ideas.memoq.com/ (in the "memoQ Users' Idea Portal")!

Michael

Adieu
Adieu  Identity Verified
Ukrainian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Tried and failed Nov 22, 2021

"×Your email is not associated with an account and does not allow you to self register

Sign in to memoQ Users' Ideas Portal"

Guess we CAL license users can't.

[Edited at 2021-11-22 20:49 GMT]

Robert Schünemann
Robert Schünemann
Germany
Registration Nov 23, 2021

I've just found out - you need to register yourself by email:
https://www.translationtribulations.com/2021/01/memoq-development-portal.html
[email protected]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can you get MemoQ to color code shared TM translation results to show what YOU used?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »