For matters related to payments, access to training sessions and technical issues, please submit a support request for faster assistance.
SDL Trados Studio 2009 Intermediate for Translators

This discussion belongs to ProZ.com training » "SDL Trados Studio 2009 Intermediate for Translators".
You can see the ProZ.com training page and participate in this discussion from there.

Oana Moisuc
Oana Moisuc  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 15:07
English to French
Very useful Jul 7, 2010

This is a very useful step to take indeed.

Mohamed Chikha
Mohamed Chikha
Tunisia
Local time: 14:07
English to Arabic
+ ...
non-pedagogical session delivery Jul 7, 2010

First of all thank you for this lesson. I couldn't finish it all because the first part took about 75 minutes without a break. the instructor was talking an working quite fast, monotonous voice, not keeping audience in mind, not repeating, reminding of the key objectives. just showing us a huge number of operations, just once and go. She's very knowledgeable about Trados but the delivery of that knowledge is poor. I don't think she achieved the objectives of that session. She might have covered ... See more
First of all thank you for this lesson. I couldn't finish it all because the first part took about 75 minutes without a break. the instructor was talking an working quite fast, monotonous voice, not keeping audience in mind, not repeating, reminding of the key objectives. just showing us a huge number of operations, just once and go. She's very knowledgeable about Trados but the delivery of that knowledge is poor. I don't think she achieved the objectives of that session. She might have covered all points though.

[Edited at 2010-07-07 08:20 GMT]
Collapse

Anita du Plessis
Anita du Plessis  Identity Verified
South Africa
Local time: 15:07
Member (2008)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
A lot of facts to take in Jul 7, 2010

I think the course was quite good, but this is a lot of information covered. I think the amount of information should be lessened, and then be drilled into us a bit more! I realize that would maybe entail 4 levels instead of the normal 3Trados certification levels. I realize we have the manual to fall back on, but still, when you are new to CAT tools this is a bit bewildering.
Our instructor is knowledgeable, but I think the time constraints and the amount she has to cover causes her to spe
... See more
I think the course was quite good, but this is a lot of information covered. I think the amount of information should be lessened, and then be drilled into us a bit more! I realize that would maybe entail 4 levels instead of the normal 3Trados certification levels. I realize we have the manual to fall back on, but still, when you are new to CAT tools this is a bit bewildering.
Our instructor is knowledgeable, but I think the time constraints and the amount she has to cover causes her to speak rather quickly.:)
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Helen Shepelenko[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Studio 2009 Intermediate for Translators

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »