Aude Sylvain
Aude Sylvain  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 06:14
English to French
+ ...
Nov 1, 2010

Hello,

As most of you, I assume, I write emails in at least two languages on a daily basis.
I couldn't find the way, in the Windows Live Mail spellchecking feature, to shift easily between several languages (I have to change the whole settings each time I write an email in a different language - or do the spellcheck in another app).

Would you know whether it's possible to change the spellchecking language easily in WLM?

The reason why I use WLM is
... See more
Hello,

As most of you, I assume, I write emails in at least two languages on a daily basis.
I couldn't find the way, in the Windows Live Mail spellchecking feature, to shift easily between several languages (I have to change the whole settings each time I write an email in a different language - or do the spellcheck in another app).

Would you know whether it's possible to change the spellchecking language easily in WLM?

The reason why I use WLM is that, being built in Windows, it allows me to send a document by email directly by right-clicking on the name of the document.
Except if I am wrong this can't be done using another mail client by default (should I be wrong, please tell me!).

I use Windows 7, WLM 2009

Thanks in advance
Collapse

Gerard de Noord
Gerard de Noord  Identity Verified
France
Member (2003)
English to Dutch
+ ...
I use the Windows Language bar in WLM Nov 1, 2010

Hi Aude,

Set up your languages (and keyboards) in Windows Text Service and Input Languages, enable the Language bar and dock it in the Windows taskbar. Afterwards you can select the desired language for spell checking when you write an e-mail in WLM.

Cheers,
Gerard

Aude Sylvain
Aude Sylvain  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The language in the bar doesn't seem to override the WLM preferences Nov 1, 2010

Hi Gerard,

Thanks very much. I just tried this, but it doesn't work on my PC: WLM's spellchecker will use the language I set up as default in the Options menu, regardless of the language I select in the 'general' language bar (docked in the Windows task bar).

I just found that thread on the topic (in French): http://www.forum-seven.com/forum/topic7013.html It wo
... See more
Hi Gerard,

Thanks very much. I just tried this, but it doesn't work on my PC: WLM's spellchecker will use the language I set up as default in the Options menu, regardless of the language I select in the 'general' language bar (docked in the Windows task bar).

I just found that thread on the topic (in French): http://www.forum-seven.com/forum/topic7013.html It would seem that WLM can automatically detect several languages (and then use the appropriate dictionary), but only for some combinations of languages (!!). The author explains that he could use French and Russian together, but enabling English would unable all other languages. Weird...
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Windows Live Mail - spellchecker

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »