OTMed (X)
OTMed (X)
Poland
Local time: 16:56
English to Polish
+ ...
Feb 25, 2005

Hello All,
I am trying to find a way of extracting text from a video recording (the soundrack is in English, the sound quality is very good, light medical-educational terminology).
Our experience with this kind of work is limited to say the least and the only option we could think of was Dragon NS. The problem is our IT guy reported a large number of errors that, in his opinion, can only be corrected by teaching Dragon the pronounciation by this particular speaker.
Did anyone
... See more
Hello All,
I am trying to find a way of extracting text from a video recording (the soundrack is in English, the sound quality is very good, light medical-educational terminology).
Our experience with this kind of work is limited to say the least and the only option we could think of was Dragon NS. The problem is our IT guy reported a large number of errors that, in his opinion, can only be corrected by teaching Dragon the pronounciation by this particular speaker.
Did anyone have similar problems? Are there any other ways of automated conversion of soundtracks into text format? Will appreciate any input.

[Edited at 2005-02-25 12:58]
Collapse

Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 10:56
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Human transcription Feb 25, 2005

Hello

Why did you think that for Dragon it would be easier than for a human being?
When you dictate to Dragon you must also dictate all the commas, fullstop... a recorded document usually doesn't have this.

The easier solution for me it's a transcription made by somebody paid for the time spent on.
I could check once that for 5 min of recorded voice, about 30 min were necessary for the transcription.

Claudia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Extracting text from a voice recording

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »